Why become a member? ×

Whats my Fender worth

bubinga5

Hey people, i have a (wait for the long name) Fender Custom Shop, Closet Classic 1970 Limited edition Jazz only 100 made....just wondered what you fender experts think it might be worth in an ideal world....I have replaced the pups with Nordstrand NJ's and a Redeemer circuit..but i have the original pups..Case and case candy..

you can see the bass here

[url="http://www.infographic.com/fender/detail.php?FenderPN=0131800_70"]http://www.infographic.com/fender/detail.p...erPN=0131800_70[/url]

any thoughts?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='687712' date='Dec 17 2009, 08:38 PM']In an 'ideal world', a bit more than you've just paid for it (so you should know that figure) BUT in the real world a bit [u]less[/u] than you've just paid for it! :rolleyes: :)[/quote]HE He...ok...what i mean is...when the current climate gets back to normal, what might the bass get...

[quote name='aznbass' post='687717' date='Dec 17 2009, 08:41 PM']Wow, thats really nice,

I think with the upgrades, its worth just under the price of a new one, i mean like JUST under,[/quote]
Well thats funny because some people say its worth more with the original pups in it....for me it sound biblical with the upgrades in it...pure jazz bass

[quote name='aznbass' post='687717' date='Dec 17 2009, 08:41 PM']Wow, thats really nice,

I think with the upgrades, its worth just under the price of a new one, i mean like JUST under,[/quote]
Well thats funny because some people say its worth more with the original pups in it....for me it sound biblical with the upgrades in it...pure jazz bass

People always want the original though. I've got some heavily modified and improved (in my opinion) instruments but it's worth considering what works for the original owner might not work for the new owner. You've done well keeping the original parts though. I tend to sell pickups on through EBay but this can be false economy if selling the instrument on at a later date. Looks good btw

In the current market I would put a rough price of between £1200 and £1800, this based on the price I paid for my 59P CS, (prior to the credit crunch), and the price I sold my Limited Edition 40th Anniversary CS P Bass. Although in this market I think it would fetch closer to the lower end.

Hope this helps.