Why become a member? ×

Does anyone here own a fender VI?

ashevans09

Im intrigued to know what they are like as well. Ive seen the baritone jaguars around which look quite similar but havent had a chance to play one.
saw one of these on ebay the other day. A tribute to Jack Bruce's VI

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TPP-JACK-BRUCE-Cream-Fool-VI-Jaguar-Bass_W0QQitemZ330385093109QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item4cec7c71f5"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TPP-JACK-BRUCE-Cream...=item4cec7c71f5[/url]

[quote name='Rayman' post='684969' date='Dec 15 2009, 11:27 AM']Isn't the Fender Steve Bailey sig bass a 6er? I think it's fretless too.[/quote]

Very different to a Fender VI though.

Always wanted one, and I think it would suit my band really well, but I'd never be able to afford one. May look into those Gretsch Jet Baritones in the new year though.

[quote name='ahpook' post='685000' date='Dec 15 2009, 11:47 AM']i've got one.

what would you like to know ?[/quote]

Just some really basic info really, there seems to be a bit of conflicting info about it online. Is it tuned E-E? And how does the shorter scale handle? Is it floppy as a wet fish?

It's 30" scale - so the same as a short scale bass.

With decent strings there shouldn't be a problem getting a decent note out of the (low) E string.

You could always re-string it as a baritone guitar. Gus do one with a 30" scale that they recommend tuning A-A and one with a 28.5" scale which is B-B.