Why become a member? ×

Having a bass set-up

munkonthehill

Ok my fender jaguar seems to play fine and sounds good.

but the more I think about it the more i feel i 'should' have it setup. but im scared incase the setup changes the way it plays for the worse.

I may as well continue this thread with thoughts on upgrading the bass. I have had major thoughts of sticing a badass3 on it along with some wizard pickups.

I would appreciate thoughts on both these topics,,,,,,,,,,

cheers
steven

I took my now gone gold warmoth into Jimmy Moon's to have some work done and I got it back with what was the only setup I have ever had that has suited my style of playing.

most people will set up a bass exactly how they think it should be setup - my version of a setup is almost always different to what theirs is.

Either leave it as it is if you like it or do it yourself and make note of what you touch and by how much in case you don;t like it

Munkman!

Dont put a baddass on it. Not worth the money (ducks for cover from all the baddass lovers). I wouldn`t even change the pickups as you seem quite happy with the sound and if you go to sell it, you wont get your money back for the price of the pickups.

If you feel it would benefit from a set up, get one done! It won`t do it any harm. I think 7string on here does em (correct me if I`m wrong!) and seems to do a good job, so why don`t you pm him?

Buy some s/hand pedals and mess about with them for a bit of variety.

Jez

Edited by jezzaboy

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='680625' date='Dec 10 2009, 08:22 PM']Munkman!

Dont put a baddass on it. Not worth the money (ducks for cover from all the baddass lovers). I wouldn`t even change the pickups as you seem quite happy with the sound and if you go to sell it, you wont get your money back for the price of the pickups.

If you feel it would benefit from a set up, get one done! It won`t do it any harm. I think 7string on here does em (correct me if I`m wrong!) and seems to do a good job, so why don`t you pm him?

Buy some s/hand pedals and mess about with them for a bit of variety.

Jez[/quote]

your rigt jez, why change with what is already right. The pedal issue is always on my mind. I love new pedals and tones, my main pedal is my bootsy, however the bloody switch for the pedal makes a terrible popping sound when activated so is kinda unusable, i only really use it for the fuzz. does anyone fix these kinda things????????????