Why become a member? ×

Rare USA Landing L1 -------- Withdrawn

2x18

2nd of my short scales for sale is a rare hand made Landing L1 30.5" scale bass.

Its the actual bass shown in photos 9 and 11 on the Landing web site

[url="http://www.landingbass.com/New%20Main%20Page.html"]http://www.landingba...ain%20Page.html[/url]

Reviews here

[url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Landing+Bass/L1/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...ng+Bass/L1/10/1[/url]

Its in good condition with minor marks the knobs have been changed for Jazz bass style ones but I will refit the originals

You are welcome to come and try out this Custom bass it plays and sounds fantastic and is strung with my favourite Thomastik Ti Flats
Custom fit case ---------------- New one is currently $1299.00--- plus Shipping ---Plus Duty! )

[attachment=37910:Peavey_a...Bass_001.jpg][attachment=37911:Peavey_a...Bass_002.jpg][attachment=3791
2:Peavey_a...Bass_003.jpg][attachment=37913:Peavey_a...Bass_004.jpg][attachment=37914:Peavey_a...Bas
s
_006.jpg][attachment=37915:Peavey_a...Bass_007.jpg][attachment=37916:Peavey_a...Bass_008.jpg]

Will.

Edited by 2x18

[quote name='TPJ' post='678064' date='Dec 8 2009, 03:52 PM']Lovely bass this. Very intrigued with short scale recently.

Good luck with the sale[/quote]
Thanks TPJ

You are welcome to come and try out any of my Short scales --- No obligation and might give you an idea of how you would get on with them.

Will.

[quote name='Spoonman' post='685214' date='Dec 15 2009, 02:25 PM']These basses are so coool, I've never heard of them before. 2x18, did you order yours from the U.S?[/quote]
Hi spoonman

I bought it from a guy in the U.K. that had bought it new from Landing !

I was looking for one of these or a Birdsong for ages!

Will.

[quote name='2x18' post='685547' date='Dec 15 2009, 06:37 PM']Hi spoonman

I bought it from a guy in the U.K. that had bought it new from Landing !

I was looking for one of these or a Birdsong for ages!

Will.[/quote]

Will did you get it off a bloke in the Midlands (specifically Leicestershire)? My mate Matt had one of these that he'd got direct from Landing. It was a lovely bass to play.

Edited by john_the_bass

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='685569' date='Dec 15 2009, 06:52 PM']Will did you get it off a bloke in the Midlands (specifically Leicestershire)? My mate Matt had one of these that he'd got direct from Landing. It was a lovely bass to play.[/quote]
Yes I believe he was called Matt -- He actually brought it up to Leeds for me when he was working nearby!

Im having second thoughts about selling this one!!!!!!!

Will.

Being an L2 owner myself, I can vouch for the quality and playability of James' (Landing owner) shorties.
And with gorgeous looks to boot. Actually Will, I much prefer yours than mine (it's the rosewood neck you see)
The price......... man, that's a steal. But you are creating a low-price market precedence.... :) ..... :rolleyes:

Edited by Audiokostas

At the risk of appearing as a total numpty - what's the pointof a short scale bass?
Is it just for people with lickkle fingers?
- or is there a specific tonal reasoning (or some other subtedlty?)

Where do you get strings for it and what does it sound like?

Very curious and intrigued!

[quote name='Audiokostas' post='687212' date='Dec 17 2009, 12:17 PM']Being an L2 owner myself, I can vouch for the quality and playability of James' (Landing owner) shorties.
And with gorgeous looks to boot. Actually Will, I much prefer yours than mine (it's the rosewood neck you see)
The price......... man, that's a steal. But you are creating a low-price market precedence.... :) ..... :rolleyes:[/quote]

Hi Kostas

Good to hear from another Landing owner.

They are a fantastic Bass, really outstanding workmanship! and it plays and sounds like a dream.

I agree its too cheap, in fact I am considering withdrawing it from sale!

Regards

Will.

Edited by 2x18

[quote name='Bassmanc' post='687484' date='Dec 17 2009, 04:47 PM']At the risk of appearing as a total numpty - what's the pointof a short scale bass?
Is it just for people with lickkle fingers?
- or is there a specific tonal reasoning (or some other subtedlty?)

Where do you get strings for it and what does it sound like?

Very curious and intrigued![/quote]
Yes --- Small hands youngsters, Ladies or even for a guitarist who plays bass occasionally.

Sounds like --- Different short scales have there own sounds, Gibson EB0 very muddy deep sound, Fender Mustang precision like
And of course as with any bass strings make a big difference.

Most String Manufacturers make different string lengths i.e. Short (30" )--- Medium ( 32" )--- long ( 34" ) and you can even get extra long!

If you are in the Leeds area anytime you are welcome to come and try one of mine!

Withdrawn from sale

Edited by 2x18