Why become a member? ×

Friends, Romans etc Hello from a newbie

essexbasscat

Just recently joined and love what you've done to the place, so HI to one and all.

Just want to say thanks to everyone that has taken the time to post a review, give their thoughts on stuff and generally do things for the welfare of the bass community in general. Together, you have all created a pearl of great price.

I've been playing bass since the 70's and never before come across a medium that allows bassists to respond to each other in 'real time'. At last, a place where I feel at home.

hope to drop back in soon

Cheers !

[quote name='neepheid' post='673951' date='Dec 4 2009, 09:53 AM']Welcome to the forum :)[/quote]

Hi neepheid

cheers for the heads up. stayed for a week in Bon Accord street in the eighties while working away from home. Saw Aliens 2 on release at the time !
Always think of Scotland fondly and get up amongst the hills whenever I can.

Cool to hear from someone that lives up there

rock on

can anyone help please? greenhorn still learning how to stand up here.

Like many, I like to think I can usually get by fairly well on my own steam, but this time - Help!

Does anyone know;

-how do you put a picture in under your user name on a discussion string ?

-how do you install that quote under the picture ?

-what's an avatar?

-where does everyone else usually go for these answers ? I've been everywhere man on this site and havn't seen it yet. probably myopia

thanks for taking the time to read

Hi!

Picture - Go to 'My Controls' > 'Edit Avatar Settings'. From here you can upload a picture from your computer.

Quote - Go to 'My Controls' > 'Edit Profile Information'. 'Custom member title' is at the top. Note: you can only edit this after a certain number of posts (about 250 I think??)

An avatar is the previously mentioned picture you can upload.

There is a sub-forum called 'site issues' where you can ask for help or raise any queries.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the forum!

Ray :)

Edited by Ray