Why become a member? ×

Cardiff Bass Bash (29/11/9) Photo thread

OldGit

Some pics from the very damp Cardiff Bass Bash Sun 29th Nov 2009.

Alun explaining his need for 6 strings
[attachment=37362:Alun.jpg]

The Rev Pitz
[attachment=37371:Rev1.jpg]

The Rev Arco
[attachment=37363:ArcoTheRev1.jpg]

Size isn't everything 1: Alun's Ashbory
[attachment=37364:Ashbory.jpg]

Size isn't everything 2: Bassbot's piccolo bass
[attachment=37365:BassBodPiccolo.jpg]

Hartke Pedal Winner (Rich) and OldGits Eric Morecambe impression.. it was cold on reception :)
[attachment=37366:HartkeWinner.jpg]

How many drums can one man work? How many pedals can one man need?
Jon the drummer, Funk Sherriff to the left, [s]DanTheWelshy[/s] Pkmor to the right (sorry Dan and P! Tired brain)
[attachment=37367:Jammin.jpg]

Eltham the Luthier psyching himself up for his talk
[attachment=37368:LuthierAtRest.jpg]
.. and explaining the relationship between Neutrons, God and harmonics
[attachment=37369:LuthierAtWork.jpg]

Ooooh! Wow! Look at that lot!
[attachment=37370:PedalBoard.jpg]

Helium Filled Speaker Cabinet from Barefaced: Apex stops his cab floating off again ...
[attachment=37372:Upsie.jpg]

V8 admires Rich's Shuker 5
[attachment=37373:V8Shuker.jpg]

Vegas Hooker - lucky raffle winner :rolleyes:
[attachment=37374:VHBookCrop.jpg]

Edited by OldGit

Thanks again to the organisers - p#ssing rain and crap traffic couldn't ruin the fun!

Highlights for me - the chance to play an Eminence, Wal ProIIE and see some lovely Shukers..and to meet some of the real life BChatters I've been talking to for a few years.

Now I've got to decide which bass gets the new strings.....I like that sort of problem.

BB

What a great day, made the journeys in that godawful weather well worthwhile. Nice to meet you all, some good laughs had and some lovely gear lusted over and, best of all, all at a sensible volume with hardly any slap :rolleyes:
For me, basses of the day were the Eminence EUB and that stunning Marleaux fretless 5. GAS moment of the day was hearing my Shuke through Drewie's Bergatino cabs :) just when I though I was completely happy with my rig...
Many, many thanks to Si and Drewie for sorting it all out.

[quote name='OldGit' post='669522' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:48 PM']How many drums can one man work? How many pedals can one man need?
Jon the drummer, Funk Sherriff to the left, DanTheWelshy to the right
[attachment=37367:Jammin.jpg][/quote]

Thats not me on the right :)

good day though thanks again for getting it together!

[quote name='danthewelshy' post='669590' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:53 PM']Thats not me on the right :)

good day though thanks again for getting it together![/quote]

Yeah, thats me!
I am using someone elses bass though I think!

Great day, really enjoyed it!

Edited by Pkomor

Thanks for the heads up! Was a great bitta fun, hope you arrange another one soon! It was awesome trying out and chatting to BCers about their basses - Garbev's tobias, Pkomors Stingray with flats and Bassbods beefy clifton headless. Alun's six string bass jam was awesome n I finally got to meet Si! Place was full of great gear (the Nordy and Marleux) and great people!! Thanks very much.

ALSO Found out what that Ice tone thing does on the lightwave!! Turn it down and it gives less definition and gives a hell of a lot more thump like a P bass (cracking slap tone) I think i've found my holy grail...

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='669646' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:47 PM']Oooh! N I tried out that Shuker P - made the ground vibrate haha, should be an easy sell, built like a tank, wicked bridge on it![/quote]

Ha ha
I should point out that some wag swapped my "For sale" and "Never for sale ever" signs between my Shuker P5 (never for sale!) and the P bass which is for sale :)

Being "on reception" for most of the afternoon kept me out in the cold (hence the hat :rolleyes:) and away from the chat and action but I did get a go on a few things including Bassbots surpsingly delightful small bodied and short scale fretless Cherry Clifton wearing sexy black Roto nylons.

Although I generally don't like short scale, small body basses or nylon covered strings this particular bass was really nice to play. If I had a big room full of dream things one of those would be in there.
Did anyone get a picture? I think it's one of these [url="http://www.cliftonbasses.co.uk/page18.html"]Clifton Cherry Bass[/url]

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='BassBod' post='669800' date='Nov 30 2009, 09:54 AM']Lets have a go....

[attachment=37380:DSCN1099.JPG][/quote]

I loved that 36 scale headless 5 string, it's got an amazing low 'B'. Just goes to show what a difference two extra inches make, although I did have trouble reaching that low C.

Si, don't suppose you got any shots of Jase's (?) lovely fretless Wal?

[quote name='TheRev' post='670006' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:07 PM']Si, don't suppose you got any shots of Jase's (?) lovely fretless Wal?[/quote]

Yes - it is Jason's. I took one of Garbev playing it - I'll post it this evening.

Edited by drewie

[quote name='TheRev' post='670006' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:07 PM']I loved that 36 scale headless 5 string, it's got an amazing low 'B'. Just goes to show what a difference two extra inches make, although I did have trouble reaching that low C.

Si, don't suppose you got any shots of Jase's (?) lovely fretless Wal?[/quote]

Jason (Funk Sherriff) rather than Jase ... :)

Sorry no, anyone else take any pictures?

[quote name='OldGit' post='670101' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:00 PM']Interesting to see that although there was almost as many makes of cabinet represented as attendees, the amp score was one nice warm toasty Sunn valve amp, one EA, one Genz Benz Shuttle and what, 8 Markbass head of various types...[/quote]

Apex brought an Ashdown Mag too.

[quote name='simon1964' post='670098' date='Nov 30 2009, 03:56 PM']Looks like a great day! I like the idea of bringing along a tame drummer - we'll have to remember that for the next Nottingham bash![/quote]

Not sure he was tame .. Sounded pretty wild from outside the room :)