Why become a member? ×

FS: Sovtek Big Muff Homebrew Psilocybe Phaser

Dosi Y'Anarchy

[b]Sovtek Big Muff[/b]:
originally green, but it was re-sprayed a metailic blue/green, its also been modded to take a boss-style power supply (still takes battery too though), the previous owner put chicken head knobs on it, but the originals are somewhere too and if i can find them, ill include them. Obviously doesnt look as cool as it would have done, but it functions perfectly and doesnt need batteries so I think that brings the price back up. I'd like [b]£100 including UK postage.[/b]

[b]Homebrew Psilocybe Phaser:[/b]
[i]Re-live the sounds of the past with the Psilocybe analogue Phase Shifter. Obtain everything from 60’s psychedelic and 70’s funk to classic Eddie sounds. Features Regen and Speed controls as well as Shift 1 & Shift 2 Toggles to further tweak the EQ and intensity of the phase effect. Get your freak on!

* Speed – Adjust to determine the rate of modulation of the Phase Shifter effect.
* Regen – Adjust amount of wet or phase shifted signal applied to the output.
* Shift 1 Toggle – Functions as an EQ/Filter. Switch to change between a rich full sound and a tighter sound with less low end emphasis.
* Shift 2 Toggle – Alters the speed and wave form of the Phase Shifter. Switch between classic phase shifter and a faster vibrato like effect.
* Input-Instrument in - Unplug when not in use to conserve battery life.
* Out - Out to amplifier
* -9VDC jack-for use with (Negative) center, 9VDC, filtered, and regulated power supply.
* True Bypass switching, handmade in the USA
[/i]
Pretty much brand new, seen two practices (our guitarist has a broken hand). I got a Maxon Rotary Phaser and its a tough call between the two but it was too good a deal to pass up on the Maxon.

Sounds great after fuzz, and can do a really trippy vibrato phasing. I'm looking for [b]£130 inc UK postage[/b]

[b]Dave Hall Amps DI box[/b] - Its a DI with a volume control, takes boss style 9v and has a superbright blue LED ( I assume that due to the volume control its an active DI) used once (only had one gig where i've been DI'd). Looking for [b]SOLD![/b].

[b]
DOD Vibrothang[/b] - a strange Trememlo/Phaser/Vibrato/leslie thing with confusing control names - never got the hang of it myself, but according to Harmony Central its mean to be a pretty good Leslie emulator. Looking for [b]SOLD[/b].

Paypal only please

Thanks Edited by Dosi Y'Anarchy

hmm you might wanna lower the big muff's price I think.. due to the custom spray job it has!
*edit* and the customs you have given it, like changed knobs and changed the PSU.. some people just dont like things tampered with, unless they get a better price for it.

Edited by civictiger

[quote name='civictiger' post='676442' date='Dec 7 2009, 08:54 AM']hmm you might wanna lower the big muff's price I think.. due to the custom spray job it has!
*edit* and the customs you have given it, like changed knobs and changed the PSU.. some people just dont like things tampered with, unless they get a better price for it.[/quote]

If you don't like the price, you don't have to buy it.

[quote name='Market Place Guidelines']5. If you believe the price of the item is too cheap/expensive, then please PM the seller as to why. Do not ridicule or undermine the seller by posting how much you think it's worth or how much it can be gotten for elsewhere, the laws of supply and demand will determine if the item sells at that price.[/quote]

If I had the cash, I'd be all over it. It's the sound that people pay for, not the look.

Have a bump on me Theo!

To be honest it's a very different sound, the blowtorch and mastotron are very harsh "buzzsaw" fuzzes, muffs, especially the sovtek green are more scooped, smooth creamy fuzzes, but still heavy as hell, i'd say it was the perfect compliment to a mastotron or buzzsaw type fuzz.

Oh and more OT, I hope that psilocybe's still here when i get my xmas bursary

[quote name='woodyratm' post='676605' date='Dec 7 2009, 12:23 PM']Hmm i've been tempted by a sovtek muff for ages...

Anyone know how it would compare to a blowtorch and mastotron?[/quote]
as already mentioned, the muff is a different animal, not better nor worse. However, the civil war sovtek big muff (the model before the original green edition) is hands down the best bass fuzz in existence, and thats not IMO, its fact.

Edited by Kev

well ive got a mastotron and the blowtorch was the longest-standing pedal on my board for a very long time. Its chalk and cheese really, you could compare the blowtorch and the mastotron and both can be capable of more *traditional* sounds but wont really sound the same even with the more comprehensive tone-shaping controls they have.

As far as the price for the muff goes, well it is open to negotiation: the price is what I would like for the pedal. I'm happy to consider sensible offers.

I understand that many would prefer a untouched stock model (which i also have), but I would also ask for more for it. The way i look at it is that you can pay this much (and more) for a clone - and im speaking from experience. As I said, I may have the original control knobs somewhere (i didnt replace them, the previous owner did and he posted them with the pedal, he's the one who sprayed and put the power jack in too - i would have left it how it was)

Thanks for the interest and the free bump (Aj).