Why become a member? ×

Xmas songs required

tonybassplayer

Hi, we have three pub gigs over the weekend before xmas and have decided that we need to add a few xmas songs but none of us really want to spend ages learning anything too complicated as we are also working on another 8 songs for the rock and function sets we do so they need to be quick fixes.

We have already settled on Slades Merry Xmas Everybody but could do with another two or three that are easy for all the band to learn

Any thoughts ??

Doing something similar a few years back we found the 'Now that's what I call Xmas' compilation invaluble as all the crappy songs that everyone knows are on there, and only a small handful venture into the heady heights of 4 chords and beyond. Heres [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Now-Thats-What-Call-Xmas/dp/tracks/B000HXDHNC/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1"]amazons track listing[/url] to save searching... :)

I just louve Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses (fabbo bassline is transcribed in this month's Bass Player, BTW) but I imagine anyone who has to remember to words would not consider it "easy" ..

Bruce's Santa Clause is coming to town has to be on the list.

If your audience can stand a slow blues then Charle's Brown's Merry Christmas Baby is a nice one.

Or Bruce's version which rocks a bit more

[quote name='tonybassplayer' post='659878' date='Nov 20 2009, 09:08 AM']Great ideas and thanks for the prompt responses

Always wanted to play Christmas Wrapping so need to get the mag today as the bass line sounds excellent[/quote]

Yeah great bassline. You'll have to convince your singer though. I don't think it's easy to sing judging by the live versions on Youtube and the singers both have the words on about 20 sheets of paper :) Listen to that crowd go though..... :rolleyes:

Edited by OldGit