Why become a member? ×

1975 Precision Bass.

phsycoandy

As you know Ive been longing for an early 70s Pbass for a while now, and kulled one a month or so back. Shes a 75 body and neck and all that was missing were some knobs and the pup and guard and pup and bridge covers (winging there way from the states as i speak) Knobs were missing so sorted that, pup was not original so sourced an original 1975 pup and pic guard and controls complete from the states and she is re born, if not as born, at least from the right era.

She has some wear to the usual places and some varnish checking to the rear. The grain of the wood actually follows the contours of the pic guard which is cool, and above all she sounds fab and vintage, or as the guitarist in the band said on Sunday. "it looks like crap but sounds as it says on the tin" complement indeed.
Andy

Yeah it took me a while and several thousand pounds on exotic basses only to come to the same conclusion, that you cant beat a damn good PBass.[quote name='cetera' post='72237' date='Oct 10 2007, 03:58 PM']Lovely bass!

After all these years I'm finally coming around to the charms of a simple 70's Fender P or J.... :)[/quote]

Edited by phsycoandy

Cause hes a guitarist and they all polish there knobs every night! Even my Mrs says she wouldnt give it a second look, but obviously shes just a girl! But us boys know better. [quote name='beerdragon' post='72306' date='Oct 10 2007, 06:32 PM']Why the hell would he say it looks crap! thats a lovely looking bass.[/quote]