Why become a member? ×

My GK Monster Rig

chriswilliams666

PS. I am after a shock-mount 8u Case for my Amp, Wireless, Furman, Tuner, FX and Vent if anyone has one lying around?

[quote name='chriswilliams666' post='658757' date='Nov 18 2009, 11:49 PM']As some of you may know i am a big Duff McKagan fan. I love his sound and my rig is inspired by his touring rig.

Here it is...

A GK2001RB Head (1080 Watts :) and two GK 410RBH Cabs![/quote]

Edited by chriswilliams666

Nice looking rig !!

Looking at getting a GK 400RB or 700RB (got a 15" 2U cab collecting dust) .. anyone got preference between the two ?
Cab has kappalite 8Ohm driver btw but have a big rig for larger gigs .. I want to experience that GK growl !?!

cheers

Simon

Hey Guys, thanks for your comments.

I don't play in a GNR Tribute, but i would if i looked like him. I really don't. I do know most of the songs he's played throughout his career.

With regards to the 400/700RB argument im sure will go on. But i actually have a 700RB-II that i now don't use. However i will use it for rehearsals and smaller gigs i'm sure. These are amazing amps and everyone should try them. They definately have the the Growl we all know and love.

If you're local, you're welcome to come blow the dust out my flat.

[quote name='sifi2112' post='659433' date='Nov 19 2009, 05:10 PM']Nice looking rig !!

Looking at getting a GK 400RB or 700RB (got a 15" 2U cab collecting dust) .. anyone got preference between the two ?
Cab has kappalite 8Ohm driver btw but have a big rig for larger gigs .. I want to experience that GK growl !?!

cheers

Simon[/quote]

An absolute bugger to move around, but so worth it in the end. Big really is beautiful in the bass world. I did have to get a Van when i started using the 410RBH cabs.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='659687' date='Nov 19 2009, 09:44 PM']Great looking rig! Must be a PIA to move around though...

Good to see another West Sussex Basschatter by the way![/quote]

How heavy are those 4x10 cabs?
I'm not familiar with the range, but I like the angled back rather than the traditional square shape. My landlady would be happier if I didn't keep taking chunks out of the wall going up and round the stairs with the protruding corners of my Marshall!

Hey Nick. They are bloody heavy! The site says 43kg or 96 lbs (Ashdown ABM410T is 36kg, Ampeg is 41kg)

They're not for the faint hearted but sound incredible.

[quote name='NickH' post='661177' date='Nov 21 2009, 05:30 PM']How heavy are those 4x10 cabs?
I'm not familiar with the range, but I like the angled back rather than the traditional square shape. My landlady would be happier if I didn't keep taking chunks out of the wall going up and round the stairs with the protruding corners of my Marshall![/quote]

Damn! That's more than my ex-GF weighs....
I used to have a bastardised rack rig with an Ampeg 4x10 and another Carvin (yeah, I know) one. The Ampeg weighed about twice as much as the other one but sounded a lot better.
Good job I'm such a big strapping bloke :) Think I'll go track down a GK rig to playtest.

Thanks for the info! See you at the physiotherapist :rolleyes:

I used this rig Friday and Saturday night. And had so many comments about the sound. The vibrations even rattled two glasses off the bar and onto the hard floor! Haha.

If you fancy a day out, go to GAK in Brighton and check out there GK range. Definately look at the Artist heads and RBH cabs! :rolleyes:

[quote name='NickH' post='661574' date='Nov 22 2009, 09:39 AM']Damn! That's more than my ex-GF weighs....
I used to have a bastardised rack rig with an Ampeg 4x10 and another Carvin (yeah, I know) one. The Ampeg weighed about twice as much as the other one but sounded a lot better.
Good job I'm such a big strapping bloke :) Think I'll go track down a GK rig to playtest.

Thanks for the info! See you at the physiotherapist :lol:[/quote]

I joined the G-K club quite recently when I bought my 1001RB-II head on here- I love it! I've finally found the tone I've been seeking with my Jazz Bass over the last few years, and my other basses sound fantastic through it too! Just wish I'd picked one up sooner...