Why become a member? ×

SOLD: 1982 Rickenbacker 4001 jetglow + OHSC £1100

robocorpse

June 1982 Ricky 4001 in Jetglow black. It has been sitting in its case for the last 4 years, and never gets played anymore, so its going.
There are a few deep marks round the back of the nut and the bottom bout from guitar stand reaction, the usual silver insert missing from 1 knob, the usual pinprick rash on the pickup cover, few little dinks here and there (but no buckle rash you'll be glad to hear), and it will probably need new strings as its been sitting for ages. It is in pretty good shape for a 27 year old bass though.
The frets are good, the neck is straight as a board, its 100% stock with Rick-O-Sound output, and has original Rickenbacker hard case.

£1100 or possible p/x. I'm looking for Graphite stuff and Ampeg SVT3 Pro

[attachment=36553:PICTA_4644__Large_.jpg][attachment=36554:PICTA_4648__Large_.jpg][attachment=36557:
PICTA_4661__Large_.jpg][attachment=36556:PICTA_4652__Large_.jpg][attachment=36555:PICTA_4650__Large_
jpg][attachment=36558:PICTA_4668__Large_.jpg]

Edited by robocorpse

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='robocorpse' post='689356' date='Dec 19 2009, 07:58 PM']No need for sarcasm. I had it at 1150, I dropped it to 1099 ono, but when I edited the original post, I put it at 1100. Same price innit, who cares about the quid.[/quote]

I don't think that Stevie D was being sarcastic, he was referring to the fact that in first post you've got it advertised for £1100 (you can't tell that it has been edited/revised from £1150) and then in post #3 you've got price drop to £1099... looks like you've price dropped it a quid! :rolleyes: :)

[quote name='Marky L' post='693484' date='Dec 25 2009, 08:13 PM']What is it strung with? Flats or rounds? Would it happily take rounds? I recall various discussion saying 4001s will get a buggered neck if you use roundwounds on them?[/quote]

A 4001 will take rounds, all right. The scare stories come form the fact that a 4001 neck needs to be moved into postion [i]manually[/i] and then have the rods retightened. Most guys back then didn't do this and just cranked the rods, resulting in popped fingerboards and knackered rods and necks. Take a look at at the official RIC site for full details on how to adjust.

[quote name='Marky L' post='693484' date='Dec 25 2009, 08:13 PM']What is it strung with? Flats or rounds? Would it happily take rounds? I recall various discussion saying 4001s will get a buggered neck if you use roundwounds on them?[/quote]

See other posts. It's had rounds for at least 12 years and theres no damage, its only a problem on really old ones with the old style rods and tiny frets that were set up by imbeciles in the early 70s. This one is a goodun with rounds like all 80s Ricks. Will need a setup/new strings at some point though, been sitting in the case for ages!
I've had lots of interest on this bass but nobodys bitten hard because of my bad timing and traditional Xmas skintness.

• 3 weeks later...