Why become a member? ×

Phil Jones Briefcase

mojobass

Not using this that much since i downsized my main rig and using it to reherse with instead. Great little combo, amazingly portable, good clear tone and surprising volume out of such a small cab. In good nick ,the odd verysmall tear in the vynl at the bottom edges - just off general transporting - and the chrome has worn off the volume knob a bit, but other than that fully working. I've not seen another one second hand so unsure of a value but these are over £500 new so how about £300???

[attachment=36533:101_0167.JPG]
[attachment=36535:101_0170.JPG]
[attachment=36534:101_0169.JPG]
[attachment=36536:101_0171.JPG]

• 3 months later...

may well be back up for sale, i did keep it as i like it, but now in a bit of a cash crisis! so looking to replace it with a GOOD practice combo (if anyone has any suggestions) and gain some cash!!! £300, its in excellent nick, i have the owners manual (somewhere) but sadly not original box. I can post but it'll be around £20 due to the weight

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='mojobass' post='656584' date='Nov 17 2009, 01:07 AM']Not using this that much since i downsized my main rig and using it to reherse with instead. Great little combo, amazingly portable, good clear tone and surprising volume out of such a small cab. In good nick ,the odd verysmall tear in the vynl at the bottom edges - just off general transporting - and the chrome has worn off the volume knob a bit, but other than that fully working. I've not seen another one second hand so unsure of a value but these are over £500 new so how about £300???

[attachment=36533:101_0167.JPG]
[attachment=36535:101_0170.JPG]
[attachment=36534:101_0169.JPG]
[attachment=36536:101_0171.JPG][/quote]

MB1. :)
Walbassist also looking for one in Items Wanted!.

potentially still available but I NEED a replacement smaller GOOD quality sound practice amp to replace it with first! if anyone has any ideas?? been looking at ashdown/orange but I need to know they will give me a good bassy sound without farting out at higher volumes!!

[quote name='mojobass' post='815099' date='Apr 22 2010, 03:45 PM']potentially still available but I NEED a replacement smaller GOOD quality sound practice amp to replace it with first! if anyone has any ideas?? been looking at ashdown/orange but I need to know they will give me a good bassy sound without farting out at higher volumes!![/quote]

Fancy a trade for a GK MB150S?

Got just the thing for you - its a Hartke Kickback10 HA1200 Combo Punchy 1 x 10 speaker! Its rated at 120Watts and sounds great wound up but also works great as a practice amp in small rooms or acoustic situations. I've owned it from new and never had a problem with it.
As I want to buy your briefcase I think we could make each other very happy Bassmen - whatdya say??

Pete

• 3 months later...