Why become a member? ×

A quick shout out to Strings Direct for excellent service!

Musicman20

Hey everyone

I sold a few sets of new strings on here as I wanted to try something new. Rotos are great, don’t get me wrong, and you cannot go wrong for the price, but I fancied a change.

Clarky sold me the White P Bass with TI Jazz Flats fitted. I am now a convert to the smooth feel and tone. At first, the more ‘dead’ sound took a little getting used to…but crank the tone and you still have plenty of brightness. Recently I’ve been practicing some Jamiroquai basslines to get the fingers a little stronger, and sure enough P Bass + flats is awesome. Plus, once your hands warm up, you can slide really quickly and it feels great.

So, Ive ordered the same set to put on whichever bass needs them next. Im hoping one of the Rays If Im honest. I like the fact the TIs bend so easily, yet are thick and full. I heard a Ray with flats and it sounds brilliant.

I also PM’d OutToPlayJazz about the DR Strings, and I’ve opted to try some DR Fat Beams, light gauge, but they are slightly heavier gauge on the E and A compared to my Rotos, which is exactly what I wanted. These will go on whichever other bass needs them next! I basically wanted the ultimate stainless steel strings for times when I really want a cutting modern sound, plus these again aren’t high tension.

So….shopped about. Strings Direct have been recommended twice to me. So, I checked them out, lots of stock and lots of range. I did notice some of their prices were a TINY bit higher than the lowest prices I’d found on the internet. They were still cheaper than most places though.

I emailed and asked for a price match, and not only did they match it, they rounded it down a couple of quid. Basically, £5 cheaper than everywhere else plus free next day delivery. That, in my eyes, is really good.

I highly recommend contacting these guys. I got a very quick response, and they were happy to match prices. From now on, I know where I’ll be buying from.

Oh, and I sent my order through at 14:30, and they dispatched them special delivery by 15:40. That is really fast! They will be here tomorrow.

Cheers for reading

Happy stringsdirect customer here too. AND it was the only place where i could find a XL extension for my leather strap!

Only time didn't have nxt day delivery was because of the postal strikes but they emailed me straight away saying that they couldn't garantee the same level of service and the reason why. I did receive the strings 3 days after eventually

Always get my D'Addarios from there and were the only place I could find that stocked the Planet Waves Shoulder Pads. Orders have always been delivered very quickly (usually next day) and I have never recieved the "sorry, we're out of stock, would you consider something completely inapproprate" email I seem to get from just about everyone else (Bass Centre yet again!).

+1 for strings. They are just a few miles from here, which is handy.

I would also say that their sister company in the same building - Holiday Music - have also been extremely helpful. A few weeks back I was chasing down a Hiscox case. I saw on the Hiscox website that they were stockists so I rang them for a price. It was a couple of quid more than the best online price I had found, including postage, so I said I would think about it etc. Without my actually asking they offered to beat the internet delivered price. I will use them every time now!