Why become a member? ×

Levinson Blade B4 Jazz bass

RhysP

Levinson Blade B4 super Jazz with the lawsuit headstock. Just like the one I used to have (only mine was purple).
£400 is an absolute steal for one of these.
If you're looking for a Jazz style bass for around the £400 mark you won't get better than this IMO. Awesome quality - ash body, rock maple neck & ebony fingerboard.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Levinson-Blade-B4-Bass-guitar_W0QQitemZ110458097629QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item19b7d0cfdd"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Levinson-Blade-B4-Ba...=item19b7d0cfdd[/url]

Edited by RhysP

That's no use, no use at all. Firstly, he claims it was his father's when it should obviously have been his uncle's. Secondly, there's no mention of an attic, cellar or woodshed anywhere.

Meanwhile, I don't know much about Levinson Blades. What's special about them?

The seller ended this listing earlier on today to relist it with a significantly higher 'starting' price of £400 (previously no reserve and a bid price that was sub £100). No guarantee you'd get this for £400 but by the same token, Blade are hardly a household name so this may well get snagged for the starting price! :)

One of my guitar students has recently bought a Levinson Blade Telecaster and it really is a great guitar! Sounds and plays great, and I've read good reviews of Levinson Blades in the past aswell...I'd expect this to be a great bass.

Of course, it's always wise to try before you buy though!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='656225' date='Nov 16 2009, 06:45 PM']Now available on Basschat! :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=67566"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=67566[/url][/quote]

You shouldn't have linked it from this thread when I linked this thread from that thread, it could rip a hole in the space time continuum.

Edited by waynepunkdude

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='655461' date='Nov 15 2009, 09:46 PM']That's no use, no use at all. Firstly, he claims it was his father's when it should obviously have been his uncle's. Secondly, there's no mention of an attic, cellar or woodshed anywhere.

Meanwhile, I don't know much about Levinson Blades. What's special about them?[/quote]

They're just excellent quality instruments with very well thought out electronics. Excellent quality control and consistency too. They have been referred to in the past as "The European Sadowsky".

I part exchanged my custom built Jaydee for one of these B4 basses at the bass centre in Wapping 20 years ago & never regretted it for a second. I'd still be playing it now if I hadn't started to find jazz profile necks too small.

I've still got an old Levinson Blade Texas Standard Strat type guitar & that's bloody lovely as well; better than any Fender I've ever played.

[quote name='RhysP' post='656321' date='Nov 16 2009, 08:00 PM']I've still got an old Levinson Blade Texas Standard Strat type guitar & that's bloody lovely as well; better than any Fender I've ever played.[/quote]

Let me know if you ever want to get ride of the Strat... I've always had a soft spot for those - especially before they (I think) changed the headstock shape from 'non-Fender' to 'even more non-Fender'

Er, anyway... Basses... yes... :)

Oh man, that's a lovely bass :wub:

I have the B3 type from that time which is identical except for solid colour body (mine is yellowish white), other kind of bodywood and black hardware.
It plays beautifully and sounds good too and I like the thick ebony fingerboard and fast neck very much.

I recommend Levinson Blade to anyone :)

regards, Z