Why become a member? ×

A big THANK YOU to Basschat and Basschatters

phil_the_bassist

I just wanted to give a big thank you to everyone who's helped me out by buying my stuff, and the guys I've bought and traded with/from.

It's proved that Ebay Suck, Cash is King, and Paypal
is useful at times (mebby) and Bassist are all top people who don't get the credit they're owed. None of this would be possible without all the members, Mods, and of couse our fearless leader, Ped.

It's been a big help having a community like this when my lifes been turned upside down, and I know others feel the same. This wouldn't happen in many demographics, and it proves that there's still some decent people left in this world!

Big up yo' selves, you deserve it!

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='655444' date='Nov 15 2009, 09:29 PM']I just wanted to give a big thank you to everyone who's helped me out by buying my stuff, and the guys I've bought and traded with/from.

It's proved that Ebay Suck, Cash is King, and Paypal
is useful at times (mebby) and Bassist are all top people who don't get the credit they're owed. None of this would be possible without all the members, Mods, and of couse our fearless leader, Ped.

It's been a big help having a community like this when my lifes been turned upside down, and I know others feel the same. This wouldn't happen in many demographics, and it proves that there's still some decent people left in this world!

Big up yo' selves, you deserve it![/quote]
Agree with this 100% - Basschat is is a great community!

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='655608' date='Nov 16 2009, 01:07 AM']Yes, hurrah for our fearless leader Ped. :)[/quote]

and our very own CrazyKiwi of course - whom makes up half of the dynamic duo known as *in a scary monster voice* Thheeeeeee Aaaaaaaaadmins...... !

Yup, I'm gonna add a +1 million. When I talk to people about being a moderator on a forum, I get all sorts of funny looks from them wondering why I would do it. - usually based on their own bad experiences of spending time on other forums with members who are unfriendly, unnapproachable and in some cases downright rude. There are even one or two forums with Bass sections, where the admins themselves are elitist and sh*tty towards people who don't use one of their own products - naming no names!! - I actually feel pretty good telling them that no, it's not at all like that here.

Anyway, BassChat, you are feckin' awesome! I remember when I first signed up to Bassworld 1.0 back in the day it was a warm and friendly welcome then and that same 'open door' attitude and willingness to go out of the way to help each other makes me proud to be part of the community.

So thank you everyone!

Having such a thriving bass market which we have here is a real win-win: by trading among ourselves we keep our funds in our community, and also we get access to many different kinds of gear at affordable prices.

I bet governments would love to tax these transactions if only they could work out how!

Giving a modest donation to BC after a successful sale is a much nicer feeling than being scalped for commission by some other third party.

Viva BC :)