Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN MIA FENDER Precision Bass

john_the_bass

Right - I got this P from Lloyd in a trade for the Jazz that I got here too.
It's a Black/Black/Maple USA Precision from 04 with a couple of marks on it. I got it because I was a real Precision fanboy (and still am), however - with the decision made that I am going to leave the band I am in and join another, the band that I am thinking of joining do lots of stuff in Eb and I am sort of thinking that being able to go [i]down[/i] to Eb rather than up, might be quite handy. I love Precisions, and this one is as good as any USA P that I have played, but I can't help thinking that a 5 might be more useful in the coming months.

A pic on request (as I've not actually taken any yet).

I like - traditional shapes and styles - think Precision/Jazz/Musicman - and I prefer 34" scale, passive basses.
I don't like - singlecuts, small bodies, 'modern' shapes

Unfortunately I don't have any cash to add and at the moment I have by no means made up my mind, but if you have something you think I might like, do let me know - although no promises!

WITHDRAWN

Edited by john_the_bass

• 3 weeks later...

Quick title edit. Having missed Phil_the_bassist's Sandberg JM5 up for sale, this is back to trade only guys, sorry.
Comes in a Hiscox and with a brand new set of DR Hi-Beams fitted.

There are some marks on it, there is a very small soldering iron burn on the body by the jack plug, some general play wear and a couple of miniscule lacquer chips on the edge of the fingerboard that was all there when I got it. Other than that it's a great bass - made in 04.

Very Q&D pic as I am in the middle of cooking the tea but I am happy to take more pics as and when they are required.

Edited by john_the_bass

If you don't go for the Sandberg then might I suggest this, the best passive 5 string PJ out there that doesn't cost an arm and a leg:

[url="http://www.rattleanddrum.com/product/3110/yamaha-bb415-bass-black-pearl-5-string"]http://www.rattleanddrum.com/product/3110/...-pearl-5-string[/url]

I want a 5 string P myself but may get one of these instead since they're on sale for £269...

And photos emailed.

This bass is only for sale while Phil's Sandberg [b]5[/b] is still available - if it sells before I have a chance to sell this, then this P will go back to trade only for a 5 as I have gigs coming up and can't really be without a bass.

And more photos:

Terrible pic - sorry

Edited by john_the_bass

Sorry, do you have a cash price, canst seem to find one if there is one, because ive saved the photos of your bass and just keep looking at them while trying to do college work!

Let me know, might be able to get it with some cash injection from my mumm...

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='672109' date='Dec 2 2009, 02:18 PM']I've just been let go from the band I was in (technically the old bass player, whose availability is much better than mine, wants to come back)[/quote]
Sorry to hear that John but to look on the bright side there's plenty more fish in the sea band-wise and you get to keep a really nice P bass

Absolutely Clarky, I couldn't agree more. The problem I was having was that I play guitar in two other bands and am not prepared to give those up for the benefit of another project, which meant the band I joined was suffering a bit - but having me was better than having no bass player at all. There's no animosity - I only had to travel 5 minutes down the road and I don't think it cost me anything to practice with them - plus a get a night off now :)