Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz bitsa.

outsider70

[quote name='lukeward2004' post='69979' date='Oct 5 2007, 01:44 PM']That is a sexy Jazz you have there mate - only thing that would make it better would be a maple neck with black block inlays and binding, like th Geddy Lee Jazzers have!

Sublime work my man![/quote]

thats just what i was thinking!

anyway, thats a really cool looking bass you got there.

Edited by lwtait

[quote name='low note lee' post='70632' date='Oct 7 2007, 02:01 PM']sweet...

How much was the S1 switching hardware? I'm interested in doing it to my Highway1 Jazz.[/quote]

$40 from here:

[url="http://www.bayoucables.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=34&products_id=126&osCsid=ec100eebb906762910753a265bf9a650"]http://www.bayoucables.com/store/catalog/p...0753a265bf9a650[/url]

Takes about 2 weeks to get here.

That looks brilliant. Did the body come with the earth strap on it or did you do that? Looks great either way.

A question about the S1 - looking at the parts kit it seems it's a series/parallel switch that does the same as the S1, but it's not actually the S1 system though, is it? I though the S1 switch was a latchable buttonrather than a push pull knob. The reason I ask is that I've been trying to get a S1 switch for ages but they're like rocking horse poo.....

Steve

[quote name='Muppet' post='70880' date='Oct 8 2007, 12:51 AM']That looks brilliant. Did the body come with the earth strap on it or did you do that? Looks great either way.

A question about the S1 - looking at the parts kit it seems it's a series/parallel switch that does the same as the S1, but it's not actually the S1 system though, is it? I though the S1 switch was a latchable buttonrather than a push pull knob. The reason I ask is that I've been trying to get a S1 switch for ages but they're like rocking horse poo.....

Steve[/quote]

Thanks.

The earthing strap comes with the Fender Custom Shop pickups. Probably dont need it but I like the look!

Regarding the S1 swithch I was told that Fender wont sell them so I didnt even bother trying to get one, and just went for a push/pull pot. Which I think works better as it's easier to see what position it's in. For me anyway.

Tony

That's a lovely lloking bass Tony, well done. IMHO you can't beat tort on black, I've just built a fretless Precision with that combination and an unlined rosewood neck and it looks almost as good as your jazz (pics on here soon I hope). I'm also having my Flea refinished in the same colour combination. They're gonna make a great pair.
Glad to have contributed in a small way to your bass (as did Steve/Muppet 'cos I bought the tuners from him originally) :)

[quote name='outsider70' post='70881' date='Oct 8 2007, 01:08 AM']Thanks.

The earthing strap comes with the Fender Custom Shop pickups. Probably dont need it but I like the look!

Regarding the S1 swithch I was told that Fender wont sell them so I didnt even bother trying to get one, and just went for a push/pull pot. Which I think works better as it's easier to see what position it's in. For me anyway.

Tony[/quote]

I think it looks cool with the earth - I didn't know they came with the pickups. I thought that too about the S1 switch cos I've been scrabvling round the net for ages - I saw your post and I thought "yes! someone's found one!!" not to worry though, I think your soluiotn is probably better.

Oh and glad to have (third hand) supplied the tuners!

cheers

Steve