Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Withdrawn

Prosebass

If any mod reads this please read through before telling me I cannot post this here !

I put this bass together yesterday from gear I had collecting dust in my workshop.

Body is bass wood and polycoated. It was originally destined to be a twin humbucker but I had a bit come loose in my router which tore up a cavity.
The Cavity has been filled and they are shielded. On the rear of the bass you can see where the wood is jointed through the poly coating.,
Finish is superb with a couple of very minor scatches
The pickups are Artec Giovanni Vintage Jazz 7.0k bridge units set in maple / mahogany surrounds (neck offcuts) to cover the humbucker cutouts.
Bent tin bridge is as new with good chrome and does the job. Twin volume controls have brass knobs of 80's vintage. Cavity was routed for fully active eq is shielded and has a 'bling' mirrored cover.
Neck is new, maple, Jazz dimensions with some good quality unbranded chrome tuners that function perfectly.
It is strung with some roundwound 95 / 40's (Rotosounds I think ?) It needs a string tree but plays fine as is...(I've run out of them)

It sounds superb with a wide range of tones from a burpy EBO type sound from the neck pup to a very Fender Jaco sound with the bridge pup , but here is the rub, the neck is straight and has very little relief even with the adjuster backed off completely.
Action is approx 2.5 - 3.0mm at the 12th with a little fingerboard buzz around where the 5th fret would be.
If you took it up 1mm or so this would go completely.....however it sounds great and if you want to learn fretless or add one to your arsenal its a good bass.

[b]Now here is the deal......I want offers put up here in the thread over £60.00. The £60.00 covers me for insured courier to you and the fact I spent my sunday putting it together.
All monies over £60.00 will be donated to basschat so get some bids up.
Bidding will end at Midnight tonight (Monday)
[/b]

Let the bidding commence....

Edited by Prosebass

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='643328' date='Nov 2 2009, 12:49 PM']Very generous, i'm also loving the wooden pickup covers. Could you retro fit those on a standard J pickup?[/quote]

The ones on this have the pups covers removed and the coils / formers epoxied into the wood. They will fit onto any jazz but it would mean drilling the body for the mounting holes. Other options (ie not removing the original covers) could be persued...

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='643384' date='Nov 2 2009, 01:35 PM']OK Paul - I'll see your £60 and raise you another £60 to [b][size=4]£120[/size][/b].[/quote]

Brilliant, very generous of you Jack :) and that gets the ball rolling....

[quote name='Prosebass' post='643362' date='Nov 2 2009, 01:15 PM']The ones on this have the pups covers removed and the coils / formers epoxied into the wood. They will fit onto any jazz but it would mean drilling the body for the mounting holes. Other options (ie not removing the original covers) could be persued...[/quote]

Ahh, i was thinking about standard sized pickup covers but made of wood like those, that'd look ace on my fretless

This is a really generoud thing you are doing, Paul.

Those pup surrounds remind me of teh ramps people have.. How about putting another matching piece of wood between the pups?
Put it on springs or foam as with a pup so it can be raised and lowered...

[quote name='k-sad' post='643716' date='Nov 2 2009, 06:54 PM']Your kitchen is SOOOOO similar to mine...
I'll go for 200[/quote]

Well folks thanks for all the interest and it looks like K-sad put the highest bid in with his very generous £200.00

So K-sad you have done basschat proud so please get in touch via a PM so I can get the bass to the couriers for you, I have found a string tree I can fit and will bump the action up a touch so you can play it straight from the box......
Thanks again to all especially Happy Jack for his generous offer (although you would be better putting that money into one of those lightweight travel bass thingies :) )

Paul

Edited by Prosebass