Why become a member? ×

For Sale: 2 Compact Bass Cabs NOW SOLD

cLepto-bass

After much thought I have decided to let these go.

They appear to be heavily based on the Ashdown mini48 and mini15 and believe me when I say that they are good. I use them along with my Markbass head and together they produce warm lows but with bell like clarity at the other end. When I got them I genuinely thought they would be my last cabs. I'm only selling them because I'm going to Uni and just wont have the space or time to play with them.

I'm willing to trade both these seriously good cabs for an EBS 112neo, Aguilar GS112 or something along those lines.

Hope that all makes sense.

Edited by uzzell

[quote name='uzzell' post='631825' date='Oct 20 2009, 09:28 PM']They appear to be heavily based on the Ashdown mini48 and mini15 and believe me when I say that they are good.[/quote]

They ARE Ashdown Cabs. I had the ABM 15 version and here is the complete story.
The company tham makes Ashdown Cabs, (and Trace Elliot, Cornford, Orange, HiWatt, Sound City etc.) ended up with a load of empty cabs when Ashdown changed the handle design. These are the older rectangular handles and when Ashdown changed to the new Oval design they had a load of cabs built that Ashdown didn't want.
As part of the agreement with the above named companies, they do not produce anything of their own, so the cabs were covered and loaded with Celestion Speakers, (instead of the Jenson's Ashdown use), and grills were put on with a red piping to ensure they didn't look too much like Ashdown Cabs.
They are birch ply construction and are the real deal.
I got mine loaded with a Celestion Neo 15 and it was awesome.
Good luck with the sale and whoever springs for these will be real pleased as they reckon the 4x8 is one of Ashdowns best designs.

A quick update because I've had a few questions.

4x8 is an 8 ohm cab and is rated at 600 watts. It weights 25kg(ish)

1x15 is also 8 ohm and rated at 300 watts, its a bit lighter at 20kg.

Both share dimensions of 47x47x34cm.

I'm based in Swindon and yes £250 for the pair!!

PM's also replied to.

Thanks for the interest.

[quote name='uzzell' post='638421' date='Oct 27 2009, 08:16 PM']Still up for grabs bump :)[/quote]

Somebody buy these - quick! I had the same cabs - the only difference being they had Ashdown badges on them etc & they were excellent!

£250 for the pair? - I got £250 just for the 4 x 8 & £225 for the 1 x 15 - so 'do the math' - as they say!! + personally, I prefer the look of these babies!

Bumbity - bump for a great pair of cabs at a bargain price - come on guys, if they were a bit closer - I'd have been there LAST week!!

My Aggies are great, but I'm sure they are not 'twice' as good - costing 'twice' the price!

Good luck with the sale - at this price you shouldn't need it :rolleyes: !

[quote name='RhysP' post='638972' date='Oct 28 2009, 12:20 PM']I'm still desperately trying to find someone to give me a lift up to Swindon to get these off you.[/quote]

No worries, if you are able to sort out transport you would be doing me a big favour by having them off me. Keep me posted.

By the way, where will you be coming from?

[quote name='jmsjabb' post='646608' date='Nov 5 2009, 07:32 PM']Are they both sold or just the 15?
Anyone know the company behind these, or where I can get one from, ideally a 2x10 or 2x12?[/quote]

Both sold to Oldslapper.

I'm not too clued up on the cabs but there was a post earlier in the thread by something who seems to know their stuff so maybe get hold of them.