Why become a member? ×

Fender P-Bass s/plate - Problems but no refund from Absolute Guitars in Bristol.

xilddx

[quote name='silddx' post='632947' date='Oct 21 2009, 10:36 PM']That's lovely! Is it vintage? certainly looks it.

Mine is called Eva, what's yours called?[/quote]

No its a CIJ in vintage white with us pickups a thumb rest and bridge cover. I imported it directly from Japan when the interest rates were better. I decided that I prefer precisions to all other basses, and im going to have 1 on the top of my coffin when the time comes

Its affectionately known as the white one to identify it from the red one or the brown one.

another Nigel

[quote name='bumnote' post='632961' date='Oct 21 2009, 10:45 PM']No its a CIJ in vintage white with us pickups a thumb rest and bridge cover. I imported it directly from Japan when the interest rates were better. I decided that I prefer precisions to all other basses, and im going to have 1 on the top of my coffin when the time comes

Its affectionately known as the white one to identify it from the red one or the brown one.

another Nigel[/quote]
Hello Nigel :)

It looks really old, I amazed it's that recent!

Nice idea for the old box!

Cheers.
N

• 4 years later...

[quote name='The Funk' timestamp='1256001738' post='631033']
Come on, you didn't exactly attempt to fix it - you attempted to take off the bloody packaging!
[/quote] + + + + 1
It was not so much a repair as it was removing a mess, a rather unfortunate series of events in all, £40 is a substantial amount for something not fit for purpose, feel for you

One final thing, I am a retired guitar/music shop owner so I can see both sides of this and the shop owner is sadly right in what he says.

But you know what? I would have met you halfway and gave you a discount or a partial refund, that's all you wanted, right? Just a sign that your gripe was recognised.

I have always taken the long view regarding customers and would'nt have taken that inflexible attitude with anyone. Nobody wins an argument with a customer. ;)

Good luck!

[quote name='StinkingBass' timestamp='1411814878' post='2563015']
Is this Absolute guitars in Backwell Near Bristol?
[/quote]

What are your reasons for getting an account and asking this question on a thread that...

...er...

...well...

[URL=http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/basstractor1/media/Threadresurrection_zps7c109ddd.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r525/basstractor1/Threadresurrection_zps7c109ddd.jpg[/IMG][/URL]