Why become a member? ×

Help me out guys

Hoppo75

Hiya guys,

I'm finding myself desperately craving a Fender Roscoe Beck (5 string ideally), but in all honesty the only realistic way I could get one is through the sale of my 73 Precision (or so my Wife says!!!!). I've just had a lovely Jazz copy built for me which sounds fab, but I still find myself seriously GASing for a Roscoe.

I see me having 2 options...

- sell the precision and buy the Roscoe
- try and obtain some Roscoe beck electrics and see what they do to my jazz (like finding a Yeti in the back yard...proving hard to find!!!)

I've got a lot of history with the precision, having owned it for best part of 20 years, but there just comes a time.......

any advice or direction any of you wonderful people can offer?

[quote name='Hoppo75' post='629854' date='Oct 18 2009, 09:23 PM']Hiya guys,

I'm finding myself desperately craving a Fender Roscoe Beck (5 string ideally), but in all honesty the only realistic way I could get one is through the sale of my 73 Precision (or so my Wife says!!!!). I've just had a lovely Jazz copy built for me which sounds fab, but I still find myself seriously GASing for a Roscoe.

I see me having 2 options...

- sell the precision and buy the Roscoe
- try and obtain some Roscoe beck electrics and see what they do to my jazz (like finding a Yeti in the back yard...proving hard to find!!!)

I've got a lot of history with the precision, having owned it for best part of 20 years, but there just comes a time.......

any advice or direction any of you wonderful people can offer?[/quote]
[url="http://www.darrenriley.com/fenderparts.htm"]http://www.darrenriley.com/fenderparts.htm[/url]

Both 4 string and 5 Roscoe Beck pickups are there.

Don't try and make an RB as there's a lot more to it than a few bits. Graphite rods in the neck, offset pole pieces on the pickups, the bridge and the neck profile all add up to the sound and playabilty. Save up and get a real one. Had one from 97 to last year and regret selling.