Why become a member? ×

It's Fender Bass Day on Jools Holland

Cat Burrito

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='628423' date='Oct 16 2009, 11:54 PM']So we have a reformed Magazine with the white Jaguar bass, Paloma Faith's bass player sporting the P-bass and Wolfmother in the wings with the Jazz bass. 3 fine looking basses which collectively have 11 more strings than Seastick Steve is managing on right now![/quote]

Damn, did I miss Magazine :)

Much better show than last week. Magazine were great, head & shoulders above the other post-punk "heritage" acts Jools has been featuring. Little bit sad without McGeoch though, & a shame he didn't get a mention.

Seasick Steve was excellent too. :)

Jon.

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='628423' date='Oct 16 2009, 11:54 PM']So we have a reformed Magazine with the white Jaguar bass.....[/quote]
When I saw them In Manchester earlier this year Barry Adamson's sound was sh*t until he switched to his Ovation Magnum.

[quote name='Rayman' post='628629' date='Oct 17 2009, 12:18 PM']Howard Devoto reaaally looks old eh? I didn't reckognise him at all.[/quote]

He certainly hasn't worn as well as Mr Lydon ! his singing style has changed a bit too....cracking bass tone on the last track though.

Its a pity (or good I suppose) that Seasick Steve sounded more musical with one string than most of the other guests who had many more...

I had to look twice when Devendra Banhart came on as I thought it was 'The Mighty Boosh'