Why become a member? ×

Musicman 'STERLING' Hardshell Case

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='617872' date='Oct 5 2009, 07:54 PM']Is this a hardsell hardshell John?[/quote]

Yep it's a defo sale now... so 'hardshell hardsell'. :)

£60.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='618836' date='Oct 6 2009, 05:53 PM']Bollicks.[/quote]

:rolleyes: ?

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='622244' date='Oct 10 2009, 08:35 AM']I'll definitely have it if it's still for sale subject to acceptable delivery arrangements (ok - not definitely then :)). How far north of the tyne is north of the tyne? Alternatively, is posting a possibility?[/quote]

As I say, it's getting checked for size on Sunday; if bot taken then drop me a line. :lol:

As to where, I'm about 10 mile North of Newcastle so not very close to Glassgee! :rolleyes:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='622286' date='Oct 10 2009, 09:55 AM']As I say, it's getting checked for size on Sunday; if bot taken then drop me a line. :rolleyes:

As to where, I'm about 10 mile North of Newcastle so not very close to Glassgee! :)[/quote]

Not necessarily a problem. I'm quite fond of Francescas Italian eatery in Jesmond - any excuse :-)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='622446' date='Oct 10 2009, 02:29 PM']A quick update; Dave's just been down with his Ray and it won't fit in this case! The body is too wide and top horn too long to fit the moulding, so be warned this is for the skinnier Sterling basses (surprised both of us how much difference there was).[/quote]

Doh, I could have told you that, apols.

I tried fitting my Ray into what I believe is that very case.

Odd. I had an official MM Sterling case that I picked up from Shockwave and that definitely fitted his Stringray too. Perhaps my case was an older version or something - that said, the Sterling body is significantly smaller than the Stingray.

[quote name='Rowbee' post='623510' date='Oct 11 2009, 09:44 PM']Odd. I had an official MM Sterling case that I picked up from Shockwave and that definitely fitted his Stringray too. Perhaps my case was an older version or something - that said, the Sterling body is significantly smaller than the Stingray.[/quote]

I received this case (big deep 'Musicman' logo moulded into the case) with a Sterling inside and it only stayed with me as the deal I struck at the time meant that relative values indicated that I kept the case... but it is defo moulded internally for a smaller Sterling body! :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='623603' date='Oct 11 2009, 11:19 PM']I received this case (big deep 'Musicman' logo moulded into the case) with a Sterling inside and it only stayed with me as the deal I struck at the time meant that relative values indicated that I kept the case... but it is defo moulded internally for a smaller Sterling body! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Well hey, I certainly wasn't questioning you. Good luck with the sale. :)

[quote name='Rowbee' post='623623' date='Oct 11 2009, 11:48 PM']Well hey, I certainly wasn't questioning you. Good luck with the sale. :)[/quote]

Sorry if that sounded like a dig, it wasn't meant to be. I was trying to explain where/how it came about and to clarify it was genuine. :rolleyes:

This is definitely a real musicman case

I must admit i was surprised, both by the difference in sizes of ray and sterlings, (longer top horn on the sterling and body at least 1" deeper on upper bout of ray)
and i too thought they were interchangeable cases, maybe they are now or were.................. :rolleyes:

Either way its a great case in great nick and Johns a great bloke :)

ATB

Dave

Edited by cd_david

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='thunderbass1' post='1028327' date='Nov 18 2010, 07:29 PM']Hi,
I've just bought a Sterling so If you still have the case I'd love it, how much would you want, including 2nd class postage to London??
Cheers[/quote]

You + 2 other interested parties have PM'd me in the space of 30mins... lots of people buying Sterlings without cases it would seem. Fairest if I deal with this in the order the messages/postings arrived... unless someone wants to sell me their Sterling instead! :)

Fair is fair! I have one of Ped's old cases but seeing as I take her out at least twice a week to practice/gigs I thought she deserved an early xmas present!

Can you buy them online? I bought my bass on here for a great price so I can't grumble about not having a case :)