Why become a member? ×

Unexpected new arrival! 1990 Ken Smith BT6

Mike

Hi everyone. I came across this on Sunday evening, made the guy an offer and now it's mine. Suffice to say I got an absolute steal. It was completely filthy, so I spent a goodly amount of time cleaning it up. It's seen some serious playing time, which I quite like, to be honest. I'd probably prefer a bass with a lot of history than a pristine new one. Without futher ado - pics.

It's sounding and playing like a dream. Very pleased I have it.

Regards

Mike

Edited by Mike

Very nice indeed - Everyone knows I am a fan of the Smith sound. There is nothing like a bass with some playing wear - you know it must be a belter if it has been played so much. Will you be able to get some sound clips up?

The spacing looks about right too, and the fingerboard is very striking - Jacaranda?? You might try emailing Ken Smith and see if he has any information on the bass, such as the woods and its birthday.

Enjoy

ped

P.s shall I delete the 'self relicing' thread now ;0)

Don't get me started on that relicing thread!

Thanks for the comments. I'm delighted with it. I need to replace the volume module, which will have to be ordered from Ken Smith himself. Sent a detailed and polite email, to a response of "phone the workshop". Sigh!

If anyone can guess what I paid for it, they can have it for nothing!*

Regards

Mike

[i]*This might be a lie[/i]