Why become a member? ×

Airing out musty hardcases

blazer3

I Recently aquired 2 old hardcases, one of which hadnt been opened in approx 15 years so both smell musty as hell, i"ve got em opened up in the spare room as we speak with the window open,is there anything i can use to spray in em, stuff like febreeze etc or will the stuff react with the paint on the basses when they go back in.
There old cases and not worth a jot but there better than a gig bag.
cheers
mick

[quote name='blazer3' post='605299' date='Sep 22 2009, 09:35 AM']I Recently aquired 2 old hardcases, one of which hadnt been opened in approx 15 years so both smell musty as hell, i"ve got em opened up in the spare room as we speak with the window open,is there anything i can use to spray in em, stuff like febreeze etc or will the stuff react with the paint on the basses when they go back in.
There old cases and not worth a jot but there better than a gig bag.
cheers
mick[/quote]

I've still got some spare bottles of the proper [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=9178"]Fender Case Deodorizer by Maguires[/url] if you're interested...?

[quote name='TheButler' post='610408' date='Sep 27 2009, 10:32 PM']Saucer full of Coffee in them. Leave it for like a couple of days and all odour will be gone :) It works for odours in cars and fridges and stuff too. I saw it on how clean is your house... and it honestly works well.[/quote]

This is going to sound facetious but isn't - :rolleyes: - what kind of coffee? liquid or solid? And from instant granules or ground beans? (ok - lets get this out of the way - high altitude east African beans, medium roast and coarse ground, or would Lidl's instant do the trick?) Or doesn't it matter?