Why become a member? ×

Randall Bass Amps

Basska

Perhaps they are not known for their bass range then!? I was one of the 64 views. The only thing I remember about Randall is that in the 1980s Def Leppard used their stuff. I gather they are quite a pro company but I've never come across the bass range. Hopefully my vague ramblings might get the ball rolling....

Randall are/were a US company who used to make mid range gear. Popular in the US but no so over here. I don't know if they are still in business. I might be doing them a disservice but thought they were Marshall clones and I used to bracket them with Laney and Carlsboro. Depends on your band, Randall might be good for Punk/Metal, but these days I think there are much better amps about.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='597264' date='Sep 13 2009, 12:46 PM']Think someone (OldGit?) was selling a Randall Biamp head. Had a crossover and two outputs, bass and treble, with different sized power amps.[/quote]

Yup I was that man
Very, Very solid (read heavy) Bi-amp in the old style from the 80-'s. Lots of controls and stuff .. i got it it a deal and never used it in anger. seemed to work Ok as it was designed. Needed a 1x15 plus a 2x12 to work best I think.

Nowadays they are big in metal guitar amps (ie guitar amps or people playing metal, not amps made of metal, though that may explain the extrordinary weight of the RB2000 I had. )

Our guitarist uses one... he loves it...

I wouldnt say they're tough though...

only 300 ish gigs and it looks a state, hes having problems with one of the speakers and the distortion channel bleeds in to the clean.

Obviously they're not all problem syou'll have with bass amps, but it does say something about the quality.