Why become a member? ×

SOLD: 'Jaco' Fretless (Lined) Jazz Bass (Badass, USA P'ups...etc)

Moos3h

Hi all,

Bought this off this very forum from the fine Dr.Dave of this parish, however I need a few spare quid after the rather rash purchase of another fretted and I simply can't play well enough to warrant keeping it!

The details:

Jaco 'Tribute' bass of unknown vintage, but with a very nice sunburst and super-comfy lined fretless neck.
'Fender' logo fitted and lacquered over
Second string tree added
USA Fender P'ups and electronics added
Badass Bridge added
Scratchplate added

Condition:
I've tried to take photos showing the 'relicd' nature of the bass - I'm not sure how much came from gigging etc and how much is inflicted but it really looks the part and is NOT over-done (in my opinion). The bass was recently taken to a pro as the truss rod had seized, he has managed to free it so all is now well on that front. A new set of Elites have been fitted too (roundwound). There are some marks from strings on the fretboard as is common.

So, pics:

Shipping:
I'd rather ship this neck-off, but it you wanted it posted as is, I'd recommend we try to find you (me) a hardcase to ship it in, contact me for details on that score. Actual postage cost will be in the region of £12-15 via UPS.

So, how much then?
**** SOLD *****

I'm asking for £150 + postage which is really what the bass owes me, and at that price it's a bargain and could easily be parted-out for that much and you'd turn a profit. It's a shame to do that though as it's a gorgeous looking thing with many gigs left in it! Paypal welcome, but you pays the fees! Collection especially welcome and i'll pop the kettle on (Stevenage or St Albans).

Cheers,
James

Edited by Moos3h

The relicing was mostly me with the wire wool - I tried to copy what my Precision looks like naturally after the years that's been with me - though some of it came from the dozen or so gigs I took it to.
The pickguard was me too - it didn't have one when I got it. The second string guide is a habit of mine.

I only sold it as I got a Jap Fender at a good price and I really wanted an unlined. It plays and sounds very well and I think the price very fair. I'd thought about splitting it for parts too to make some extra beer vouchers but I thought it deserved to be played.

If anyone buys it and wants to shift the badass to recoup a few quid - PM me and I'll send you the original bridge which is sitting here in a biscuit tin.

This was originally mine, Dr. Dave was it's second owner.

It originally had cheapy (but actually pretty good) pickups and electrics which i swapped out for USA Fender gubbins. I also added a decal but i'm not sure if Dave replaced this with a different one.

It's an excellent bass especially for this price, it has bags of mwah and nails that Jaco sound. It also looks a lot more expensive than it actually is!
If i had the space i'd have it back, unless someone wants to buy my Warmoth!

EDIT: Oh the bass is about 3 years old btw and was £199 new (i actually chose it over more well known basses), i paid £39 for the electrics, £8 for the decal and £7 for the fender-compatible knobs (the shafts are thicker on Fender stuff). It originally had Jaco-style P-Bass knobs but i gave these away with the original electrics

Edited by lemmywinks

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='590991' date='Sep 5 2009, 08:55 PM']Fairly tempted to get htis and the fretted neck going (hence asking thickness). Would anyone be after the neck?[/quote]

Erm would the neck fit this?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=59766"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=59766[/url]

[quote name='Moos3h' date='Sep 5 2009, 03:52 PM' post='590749']
Hi all,

Bought this off this very forum from the fine Dr.Dave of this parish, however I need a few spare quid after the rather rash purchase of another fretted and I simply can't play well enough to warrant keeping it!

The details:

Jaco 'Tribute' bass of unknown vintage, but with a very nice sunburst and super-comfy lined fretless neck.
'Fender' logo fitted and lacquered over
Second string tree added
USA Fender P'ups and electronics added
Badass Bridge added
Scratchplate added

Condition:
I've tried to take photos showing the 'relicd' nature of the bass - I'm not sure how much came from gigging etc and how much is inflicted but it really looks the part and is NOT over-done (in my opinion). The bass was recently taken to a pro as the truss rod had seized, he has managed to free it so all is now well on that front. A new set of Elites have been fitted too (roundwound). There are some marks from strings on the fretboard as is common.

So, pics:

Shipping:
I'd rather ship this neck-off, but it you wanted it posted as is, I'd recommend we try to find you (me) a hardcase to ship it in, contact me for details on that score. Actual postage cost will be in the region of £12-15 via UPS.

So, how much then?
I'm asking for £150 + postage which is really what the bass owes me, and at that price it's a bargain and could easily be parted-out for that much and you'd turn a profit. It's a shame to do that though as it's a gorgeous looking thing with many gigs left in it! Paypal welcome, but you pays the fees! Collection especially welcome and i'll pop the kettle on (Stevenage or St Albans).

Cheers,
James
[/quote
Hi James

Im in £150 it is and I can collect from your area next week if thats ok

John]