Why become a member? ×

Well, it finally arrived....

deksawyer

For those of you expecting a brand new shiny Wal that I've waited 3 years for, I'm sorry to dissapoint.

What we have here is a 27 year old Custom/Pro crossover model, bought from the very nice Mr Scriven in the classifieds. A lefty as well.

A mate of mine owned several Wals in the 90's and I had a go on his then, but being a lefty it wasn't much fun. I could see the attraction and the quality oozing out the bass (he had a very nice all black/gold Geddy Lee version) so I've always hankered after one.

When Alan was selling his, I just had to have it, the wife approved and 3 weeks later, it's just turned up on my doorstep (ParcelForce as well - no problems!!).

If you've never tried a Wal; [b]TRY ONE!![/b]

This must be te easiest bass to play I've ever had and the electrics are very classy.

[attachment=2393:my_wal.jpg]
[attachment=2403:wal01.jpg]
[attachment=2404:wal02.jpg]
[attachment=2405:wal03.jpg]

It needs a wee clean up but it's in fine fettle for a bass so old. I'm looking forward to using this.......

D.

Edited by deksawyer

Well, if you excuse the clumsy finger style, this is basically a flat sound from the Wal, ie tones pushed in and at 10 and equal pickup mix. Recorded through a Toneport using the generic bass tone.

[attachment=2395:Wal_clip_2.wav]
There's a lot of variation available, but I don't have the time to record.... :)

D.

Edited by deksawyer