Why become a member? ×

SOLD PENDING THE USUAL - MIJ Fender Precision '62 Reissue (1996)

Musicman20

[b]NOTE - In London area 17-18th October...so can deliver for small fee or meet. Alternatively, can meet anywhere on the way from NE Lincs area to London.[/b]

Made In Japan Fender Precision '62 Reissue.

Colour is Olympic White, guard is Red Tort, fretboard is rosewood.

I have had the bass from new, around 1996 ish. It even still have the '50 Years of Fender' sticker on the back of the headstock.

The bass works exceptionally well, it is light, comfy, and worn in. Sounds like a Precision should :lol: Throaty deep and aggressive with a pick, or roll back the tone and it does fat and warm.

Just had a setup and check costing £12...everything is 100%.

The has sentimental value, so I dont want to let it go cheap. This bass has served me well, and has years and years left in it! I may well withdraw this if nothing firm has been made.

This is the ’62 Reissue model and not a standard MIJ, hence the price. I have been advised that this is just about the right price, but I am willing to negotiate. I have also done some research and these basses were held in high regard at the time, and are becoming quite collectable.

Condition: We are looking at an almost 14 year old bass here, but you would never guess it. There is no actual damage to it, just very [u]light[/u] wear n tear. I [u]never[/u] wear a belt buckle facing the bass when I play, no matter what the bass cost me, so there is [u]no[/u] buckle rash. A few light small dings in the headstock that cannot be seen unless closer, few areas of very light ageing, but its been cleaned and cared for. It has great sentimental value, and even though I was a young player when I first owned this, it has always been used properly. All as original, stock parts.

Two tiny little dints near the scratchplate, but it hasn’t done anything to the paint apart from leave a little mark, and they are not visible to the camera. Cannot see it at a distance! For almost 14 years old, its doing very well :)

Paint looks great for its age. Give it ten years and this bass will look even better.

Scratchplate is in tact and fine, it has the obvious scratches, but if you wanted to you could replace it. Personally, I think it looks good how it is :rolleyes:

No damage to the neck area what so ever. Smooth varnish finish on the back means this is sooo easy to play. Nice tint to the neck. The rosewood board and the frets are fine.

This stays incredibly in tune, all the time.

Comes fitted with Rotosound 66 Swing Bass lights…if you want a higher tension and a little bit more aggression, put a normal/heavy set on it.

Case: Fairly lightweight hardcase, it has only been used for 6 months.

Weight: Light! I have no idea on its actual weight, as I can’t weigh it, but I know it is light and comfortable. Compared to the USA Fender Precision Deluxe I sold a while back, this is much much lighter. I have never experienced any ache or problems back-wise when using this bass. Feel free to test it.

Sound: Well, this nails P bass thud and punch without a doubt. I have recorded a fair few times with this bass, and I have always had compliments on how well it sounds in a mix. Believe it or not, some of my latest recordings are just this P Bass, a Sansamp BDDI with a little grit and fairly new strings. All straight into the board. Sounds huge, chunky, fat and grindy. Roll back the tone and you have that classic P Bass thump. .

Location: I am based in NE Lincs, but I am willing to travel halfway for trades or sales, (fuel contribution for sales). Feel free to PM me to come and test it. I can post this bass, but it would be much safer to pick it up.

Please note: Due to its sentimental value, I will withdraw it if I don't get near what I would like.

The majority of the pics are quite dark...the bass itself is quite a vibrant white...but creamy.

[b]Price[/b]: £365.00 including the hardcase. EDIT: Very recent setup :lol:

[b]Trades[/b]: I am open to trades on USA Fender Precision/Jazz Basses 08/09, (plus a chunk of cash from me).

[attachment=32126:Orange_1__2_.jpg]

[attachment=32597:DSC00423.JPG]

[attachment=32598:DSC00424.JPG]

[attachment=32602:DSC00407.JPG]

[attachment=32603:DSC00410.JPG]

[attachment=32604:DSC00413.JPG]

[attachment=32605:DSC00417.JPG]

[attachment=32606:DSC00420.JPG]

[attachment=32608:DSC00429.JPG]

[attachment=32609:DSC00434.JPG]

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Linus27' post='592210' date='Sep 7 2009, 04:33 PM']Do you know what pickups this has? American or Japanese?[/quote]

Hi

I THINK its the USA pickup.....Im not 100%. When I bought it new I never knew a lot apart from I wanted a Fender Precision, and this MIJ caught my eye. Old Git (Si) knows I bet....

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Lostheplot' post='599885' date='Sep 16 2009, 09:03 AM']Nice! Shame i got no cash till the end of next month!

Have a bump anyway![/quote]

Cheers !

[quote name='Mecklenburg' post='599891' date='Sep 16 2009, 09:08 AM']This looks a great bass! I shall have a word with my bank manager (the other half) how much are you wanting for it?
Where abouts are you based?[/quote]

PM'd with some info

Cheers

MM20...haven't read thro all this so might be missing something, but I kind of think you regret selling your 1st proper bass...

Think very hard.... sell one of the others first, IMV or some cabs... there might be duplication there, if you want to raise some cash...

Just sayin.......

[quote name='JTUK' post='600851' date='Sep 16 2009, 10:40 PM']MM20...haven't read thro all this so might be missing something, but I kind of think you regret selling your 1st proper bass...

Think very hard.... sell one of the others first, IMV or some cabs... there might be duplication there, if you want to raise some cash...

Just sayin.......[/quote]

Cheers...im still not 100% on it yet. Depends if I can replace it with a nice 5 string.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='592333' date='Sep 7 2009, 06:44 PM']Hi

I THINK its the USA pickup.....Im not 100%. When I bought it new I never knew a lot apart from I wanted a Fender Precision, and this MIJ caught my eye. Old Git (Si) knows I bet....[/quote]

I think a picture of the back of the headstock will help in discover this.
Tuning Machines with a big back plate (like this one: [url="http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/image/3261828015.jpg"]http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/image/3261828015.jpg[/url] ) means alder body and Usa p-ups. To be correct they are not really made in USA (and they don't have much to do with the p-ups on the reissue USA models). They're just made in Japan on USA specifications.

Tuning machines with a smaller back plate always means basswood body (cheaper than alder) and Japan pickups. (like this one: [url="http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/image/3262797014.jpg"]http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/image/3262797014.jpg[/url] )

Anyway it's a very nice bass. I love Pbasses (I got three) and this is my favourite color combo. I would offer you for a trade a beautiful Fender Jazz RI62 Crafted in Japan for that (3ts, alder body, tort gard, USA p-ups). But we're so far and I'm a little afraid to ship abroad 'cause Italian postal service sucks...

So have a free bump from me

Edited by Presidente