Why become a member? ×

SOLD PENDING THE USUAL - MIJ Fender Precision '62 Reissue (1996)

Musicman20

To cut a long story short, a non-basschatter said he definitely wanted it, and I emailed him about 25 pictures, provided full information, to which he planned to meet. Then, he just said 'ive found another nearby'. Typical.

This bass is back up for sale and is a damn good bass!

£365 as Ive just had a setup done for the potential seller that let me down.....cost me £12!

I've played a Precision or two and I can say with some confidence that the Jap '62 RIs are amongst the best. They have something that you don't seem to find in contemporary MIA Precisions or other Jap models (although I've not played an MIA 2008/9 model which I understand to be vastly improved on earlier non-vintage MIA instruments). If it's anything like the two MIJ Precisions I've owned it will be lightweight yet solid, sweet yet powerful, and bl**dy well built; the Oly White finish is just the icing on the cake
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='620166' date='Oct 8 2009, 12:25 AM']I've played a Precision or two and I can say with some confidence that the Jap '62 RIs are amongst the best. They have something that you don't seem to find in contemporary MIA Precisions or other Jap models (although I've not played an MIA 2008/9 model which I understand to be vastly improved on earlier non-vintage MIA instruments). If it's anything like the two MIJ Precisions I've owned it will be lightweight yet solid, sweet yet powerful, and bl**dy well built; the Oly White finish is just the icing on the cake
Chris[/quote]

[quote name='vispo' post='620221' date='Oct 8 2009, 07:46 AM']excellent bass[/quote]

Cheers guys :)

Yeeeehah!
Thank goodness for that :)

Minor Thread hijack (hope you don't mind MM20)

My very similar indeed bass is very likely to be coming up for sale soon and I've been waiting for this one to go before posting my for sale note .

So, if you were interested in this one and need a bit more time, keep an eye open in the for sales or PM me :rolleyes:

[quote name='Musicman20' post='621316' date='Oct 9 2009, 09:18 AM']This is now sold pending the usual.

THanks for all the intrestest and support. Sorry to the guys who didnt get it; I replied to the PMs in order of time received.[/quote]

Thanks mate, looking forward to seeing you in London :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='621371' date='Oct 9 2009, 10:16 AM']Yeeeehah!
Thank goodness for that :)

Minor Thread hijack (hope you don't mind MM20)

My very similar indeed bass is very likely to be coming up for sale soon and I've been waiting for this one to go before posting my for sale note .

So, if you were interested in this one and need a bit more time, keep an eye open in the for sales or PM me :rolleyes:[/quote]

No worries! Thanks for the advice with the bass.

[quote name='silddx' post='621408' date='Oct 9 2009, 10:47 AM']Thanks mate, looking forward to seeing you in London :lol:[/quote]

Thanks! See you next Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

Blimey! Compared to my Warwicks this is like going back in time to a Penny Farthing! In a nice way. It's a lovely bass, looks gorgeous now I have replaced the weird Jap liver sausage tort PG with a Fender USA 62 RI dark tort, except the Japs routed too big so there's a little gap near the jack socket, which is also intermittent in operation. That will be my fault no doubt so I've ordered a Switchcraft jack for it. I stripped the bass, gave it a fret level and dress, deeply lemon oiled the board which is lovely and dark and silky now. Thoroughly cleaned and set up it plays really nicely. I find the action quite high but I'm used to Warwick's 3mm at the 24th.

Lovely bass, really nice to meet you and your charming lady, and Clarky and his nipper of course.

Hope you're enjoying Clarky's USA P!

Cheers mate!
Nigel