Why become a member? ×

Markbass Amp Covers

spongebob

Does anyone know of where I can buy a couple of covers for my Markbass 121P combo and New York amp?

I've seen some 'unbranded' stuff on e-bay, but you can never tell quite how good they are!

Any thoughts on this? With all the Winter gigs booked, the chance of getting a soaking is becoming higher. Last time I wrapped the amp in a bin bag - not cool!!

I don't think that Markbass make covers themselves...I've searched the net, but I must be missing where they are!

Any help or suggestions appreciated. :)

[quote name='spongebob' post='583312' date='Aug 28 2009, 10:35 AM']Does anyone know of where I can buy a couple of covers for my Markbass 121P combo and New York amp?

I've seen some 'unbranded' stuff on e-bay, but you can never tell quite how good they are!

Any thoughts on this? With all the Winter gigs booked, the chance of getting a soaking is becoming higher. Last time I wrapped the amp in a bin bag - not cool!!

I don't think that Markbass make covers themselves...I've searched the net, but I must be missing where they are!

Any help or suggestions appreciated. :)[/quote]
I bought one of the unbranded eBay ones for my (now sold) Jeff Berlin combo. It was an excellent cover, waterproof and slightly padded. AFAIAC they are very good quality - just used the eBay company to get a cover for my Mesa combo and its a ton better than the stock, thin (frankly rubbish) Mesa cover. They have a number of amp/cab models already on their system so they have the dimensions - if not they will ask you to supply exact dimensions, so have a tape measure handy.

Although they are waterproof, there is a hole in the top (or should be) for the handle, so a bit of water could still get in if it's a toerrential downpour. I have a black one with red piping which came with my 121P when I bought it second hand... I'm thinking of replacing it with a nicer looking black & yellow one though!

Thse guys are great

[url="http://www.roqsolid.co.uk"]ROQSOLID Website[/url]

Very well made, Waterproof and hard wearing, just got one for my Genz Benz 2x12
and it is spot on !

If you send measurements, make sure its the actual dimensions of the cab, DO NOT add
anything for fit, they will do that.

Cheers
Ade