Why become a member? ×

Squier VM Vintage Modified Precision Bass

dannybuoy

I've just got myself a nice Fender MIA Precision now, so am moving this on. I think the MIA plays nicer but this VM still sounds better - maybe due to the Duncan designed pickup which has a nice throaty roar. It's in very good condition, no dings anywhere apart from a couple of light scratches on the back which I can take pics of later. She is strung up with DR Black Beauties and is nicely set up. I will also chuck in a Fender gig bag. Pickup only, or can meet within reasonable distances (I live in Streatham, SW London).

No pics just yet but it's the white Sid Vicious style one like this:

[url="http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0326800505"]http://www.squierguitars.com/products/sear...rtno=0326800505[/url]

Like the Classic Vibe series, the Vintage Modifieds are a cut above the regular Squiers and some say on a par with MIM Fenders.

[b][s]£170 £160 £150[/s] SOLD! [/b]

Edited by dannybuoy

Sorry guys, but as I don't have a box to post it and it doesn't come with a hard case I'm only offering collection at the moment. If it doesn't shift in a couple of weeks time I may look into postage then!

I also have a tort scratchplate that might fit this (haven't checked yet!) that would go with it nicely. I'll be listing that up separately when I get time...

Edited by dannybuoy

The VM has a bit more grind going on in the upper mids, which I happen to prefer the sound of. I think it has 500k pots instead of the usual 250k that Fender use - so it could be down to that as well as the different pickups. I have a new 62 re-issue pickup about to go in the (2005) Fender - hopefully that should do the trick!

Edited by dannybuoy