Why become a member? ×

Kerrang, aka the Warwick Fest Channel

s_u_y_*

I'm sitting here with Kerrang in the background and I've noticed that the last four videos have had bassists with Warwicks on them.

Fightstar - Stryker
Can't Remember the band's name - Vampyre
Enter Shakari - Jazzman
Fei Comodo - Thumb

It's like a bloody Warwick fest here tonight. :)

[quote name='The Funk' post='61484' date='Sep 17 2007, 03:06 AM']Nothing wrong with that. It seems like Warwicks are popular mainly with funksters and metalheads - and hardly anyone else. I've never seen anyone else with the model I play though. Not sure why.[/quote]

I must be doing something wrong. I played a whole evening of 70's standards (yes, even Alvin Stardust) the other night on a Thumb.

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='61481' date='Sep 17 2007, 02:09 AM']I'm sitting here with Kerrang in the background and I've noticed that the last four videos have had bassists with Warwicks on them.

Fightstar - Stryker
Can't Remember the band's name - Vampyre
Enter Shakari - Jazzman
Fei Comodo - Thumb

It's like a bloody Warwick fest here tonight. :)[/quote]

It's kind of good to see, for me when I see certain bassists in bands using Warwicks I can sometimes safely assume they know how good Warwicks are and themselves are quite established players, for example: Ryan Martinie in my avatar. But then there are the ones who have a Warwick because somebody told them they're expensive so they must be good but either way they still sound good on any recording.

I love Warwicks, and if everything goes well should own my third by tomorrow. :) My avatar has me playing one (though it isn't clear).

But I was just surprised that all these videos had them all in quick succession. Especially as there is a good range in availablity to your rock/metal/whatever Kerrang plays bassists. Maybe it just goes to show that Warwick users do have good taste. :huh:

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='61776' date='Sep 17 2007, 05:04 PM']I love Warwicks, and if everything goes well should own my third by tomorrow. :) My avatar has me playing one (though it isn't clear).

But I was just surprised that all these videos had them all in quick succession. Especially as there is a good range in availablity to your rock/metal/whatever Kerrang plays bassists. Maybe it just goes to show that Warwick users do have good taste. :huh:[/quote]

And having seen the videos listed, in each that Warwick tone just cuts through and takes prominence in the mix, it's great to hear.

I should be getting my first Thumb at the end of this month so thats something to look foward to :huh:

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='61776' date='Sep 17 2007, 05:04 PM']I love Warwicks, and if everything goes well should own my third by tomorrow. :) My avatar has me playing one (though it isn't clear).

But I was just surprised that all these videos had them all in quick succession. Especially as there is a good range in availablity to your rock/metal/whatever Kerrang plays bassists. Maybe it just goes to show that Warwick users do have good taste. :huh:[/quote]

You didn't snag that eBay bargain did you?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='62235' date='Sep 18 2007, 05:16 PM']Someone snagged a tasty Streamer Stage I for £550ish off eBay (see the eBay section in sales/wants) and I assumed as I'd flagged it up on here someone might have nabbed it![/quote]

Reminds me when someone got a '94 Thumb NT for about that price when I had literally bought one the other week for a lot more. :) But hey, at least I'm happy to see people get a bargain.

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='62271' date='Sep 18 2007, 06:53 PM']Reminds me when someone got a '94 Thumb NT for about that price when I had literally bought one the other week for a lot more. :) But hey, at least I'm happy to see people get a bargain.[/quote]

It is great when people get bargains (especially if the 'people' is you) though I seriously had to sit on my hands as the last seconds ticked away on that Warwick :huh: however I already have about the best Stage I I'm ever likely to need so another would just end up getting sold on after gathering dust for a few months! It would have been a laughable easy profit but I'm after something interesting as a keeper and you can bet as soon as I had bought the Warwick a dream bass would pop up :huh:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='62275' date='Sep 18 2007, 07:03 PM']It is great when people get bargains (especially if the 'people' is you) though I seriously had to sit on my hands as the last seconds ticked away on that Warwick :huh:[/quote]

I completely understand the feeling mate. Though if I didn't sit on my hands when there were bargains to be had, I'd probably be on my 8th Warwick already, not 3rd. :)

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='62927' date='Sep 20 2007, 12:32 AM']I completely understand the feeling mate. Though if I didn't sit on my hands when there were bargains to be had, I'd probably be on my 8th Warwick already, not 3rd. :)[/quote]

+1 to that mate!......

.... one morning about a year ago I woke up after a VERY late night on the single malts.... staggered about the house looking a bit like that fella out of the old Cornflakes ad, trying to operate the kettle, toaster etc while I waited for my computer to boot up. When it finally did, I was intrigued to discover an abnormally high volume of mail in my email inbox. Upon closer inspection I realised that most of these were from ebay, timed between 3 and 4am: there were a few dozen "bid confirms" almost as many "outbid notices" and then.... there it was: "you won ebay item........"

I honestly had no recollection at that point but it did start coming back to me pretty rapidly: I'd stumbled through my door at about three, and clearly against my better judgement logged onto ebay and started aggressively bidding away on TWO mid 90's Streamers!.... successfully in one case too! To add insult to injury I also noticed "collection only" was stated on the item description..... and it was in Rotherham!

To be fair, It has become my most used Bass now (of my three ebay Warwicks!) and although my bank manager wasn't too chuffed at the time, there are [i]plenty[/i] worse things I've done in that state, and I don't regret it at all!!!