Why become a member? ×

Mark King picks his nose and rubs bogeys into his hair

The Funk

Filthy peasant.

On a side note, you know when you're a kid and you stick a bit of card to your spokes with a peg so when you ride it goes click click click and the faster your ride, the faster the clicking is, well, that just sounds like what Mark King was doing in that clip. Ok, technically good but from a sound point of view and musical aspect, it was just lots of clicking sounds.

I f***ing love picking my nose. I'd say its almost my favourite pastime. If I stick my finger up there and there's an especially juicy specimen up there, I like to leave it up there and just fondle it occasionally. My missus pulled out a bogey the other day when I was driving and it had a hair through it which she proceeded to wave in front of my face. I was jealous as f***.

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='575301' date='Aug 20 2009, 11:21 AM']I f***ing love picking my nose. I'd say its almost my favourite pastime. If I stick my finger up there and there's an especially juicy specimen up there, I like to leave it up there and just fondle it occasionally. My missus pulled out a bogey the other day when I was driving and it had a hair through it which she proceeded to wave in front of my face. I was jealous as f***.[/quote]

Something tells me you aren't kidding :)

BB

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='575301' date='Aug 20 2009, 11:21 AM']I f***ing love picking my nose. I'd say its almost my favourite pastime. If I stick my finger up there and there's an especially juicy specimen up there, I like to leave it up there and just fondle it occasionally. My missus pulled out a bogey the other day when I was driving and it had a hair through it which she proceeded to wave in front of my face. I was jealous as f***.[/quote]

:) :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='Rowbee' post='576176' date='Aug 20 2009, 10:43 PM']I assumed this thread was created by a troll!! :)[/quote]

I was feeling mischievous so that was the vibe I was going for! :rolleyes:

I'm still undecided about his playing. There are certainly a few things I'm going to steal from him and a few parts I found enjoyable but then there were bits I found boring.

[quote name='Linus27' post='574785' date='Aug 19 2009, 09:44 PM']Filthy peasant.

On a side note, you know when you're a kid and you stick a bit of card to your spokes with a peg so when you ride it goes click click click and the faster your ride, the faster the clicking is, well, that just sounds like what Mark King was doing in that clip. Ok, technically good but from a sound point of view and musical aspect, it was just lots of clicking sounds.[/quote]

Everyone seems to get really hung up on Mark's really fast stuff (not really surprisingly), either to love or to hate. What they seem to miss is his rhythmic sense and ability to drive a band in that style (pretty much unparalleled IMO), his melodic sense, and his ability to play great lines whilst simultaneously singing very well. I can understand why his playing/music might not be some people's cup of tea, but as a player I think he deserves a hell of a lot of respect, not least for bringing bass to the masses (even my mum knows who he is). I'd also like to add that he's as nice a "star" as I've ever met. Thoroughly nice bloke.

BTW, I absolutely love his bass sound in that video. I always thought his Alembic sound was by far his best; one of my favourite bass sounds ever. Of course YMMV.