Why become a member? ×

SOLD......Trace Elliot V-Type 1x15 Combo.....SOLD

Tinman

I got this a while back from Merton and sadly it's just not getting used.
It's quite an amazing beast, loud like you wouldn't believe.....I even drove my 2 4x10 cabs with it and it took the top of my head off.

I've only used it to muck about on a few times.

I'm after £250 for it as a straight sale but if you want to trade something let me know what you've got and I'll see if I'm interested.

I'd prefer not to have to post/courier it but I'm sure we can come to some arrangement if that's the only option. Quite happy to do a halfway meet (within reason)

With his kind permission I'm going to link you to Mertons original for sale thread for all the usual info.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=34809&hl"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=34809&hl[/url]

If any more pics are required I'll try and get some taken.

Cheers

Pete

[attachment=31441:P1000564.JPG]
[attachment=31442:P1000565.JPG]
[attachment=31443:P1000568.JPG]

Edited by Tinman

[quote name='Merton' post='360697' date='Dec 22 2008, 10:06 AM']Specs:

1x15 combo (Eminence Beta 15 fitted)
Valve preamp, based on the classis Fender tonestack
250W (at 4 ohm) MOSFET power amp (8 ohms internal speaker)
Inputs for active and passive basses
Bass, Mid and Treble (passive) controls, plus Deep and Bright switches and a mid shift
FX loop

This thing sounds gorgeous. It's been "my sound" ever since I bought it from Nash back in the BW days and it is with a heavy heart that I come to sell. You can overdrive the preamp and get a great dirty tone, or back off a bit and have a wonderful, full fat creamy tone but always with enough bite to cut through any stage mix without pushing the amp too hard - it's very rarely been above 2 on the volume. I think this is partly down the speaker in the box - it's got a big peak at about 100Hz which really helps deliver a solid "nearly" bottom end which reinforces the gut-busting tone of the preamp. Lush!

It has two slight issues which are all cosmetic:
1. The combo is fairly well used and looks a bit tatty on the outside, but it does have a cover which my sister made, in order to keep any more marks appearing.
2. The volume control, for some reason, starts at 1.5 on the "scale" and goes all the way to 11.5 (if it was there). Doesn't affect it's functionality, just means you have to subract 1.5 from where it's pointing to know where you're actually at!!

It's heavy (29kg including castors I reckon) but nowhere near as heavy as the 4x8 I used to have as well!! Therefore pickup only, or we can arrange somewhere convenient not too far from me.[/quote]

Ok. Shameless rip from Mertons thread. Here are the specs and info.

There's so much cool, cheap gear for sale on here at the moment I'm beginning to wish I had something to sell so I could buy some of it. Although in this case my back will probably thank me that I can't afford it, even at this bargain price.

Have a bump.

[quote name='Delberthot' post='585137' date='Aug 30 2009, 02:53 PM']Whoops, forgot to add the 'PMd' post yesterday.

Just waiting for dimensions to see if its feasible to post or not. Definitely a contender to replace my now sold Shuttle and Schroeder[/quote]
I'm going to try and get there (the practice room) early this coming week so I'll get them for you. :rolleyes: Not having a working car is like having my legs chopped off :)

Edited by Tinman