Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Custom Jazz Bass

TimmyC

Hey guys. I took this down from the for sale section over a year ago now cause my dad said he wanted to learn to play bass so I left this at home whilst I went to uni. I think he got it out of its case maybe twice in that time...therefore here it is. I'm really interested in trading this for a guitar. Either a Fender, Gibson or Epiphone (with cash adjustment either way).

This bass was replaced by another passive jazz that cost 3 times as much, a celinder, but this gets a damn sight closer to it than many jazz's I've played for over a grand.

It is a custom 4 sting jazz bass, built from high quality components to emulate a $3,800 Sadowsky NYC Ultra Vintage Jazz Bass. This bass was previously owned and recently set-up by a Sadowsky NYC employee.

[u]Details[/u]

- USA Custom Guitars two piece full size alder body with (natural) oil finish
- USA Custom Guitars maple neck with oil finish; jazz profile with 1 1/2 inch width at the nut
- Brazilian rosewood (same as on vintage Fender basses) fingerboard with beautiful grain
- Fretwork by Mike Lull
- Frets recently professionally polished by Sadowsky tech
- Sadowsky single coil pick-ups
- Passive Volume/Volume/Tone controls
- Gotoh bridge (similar to Sadowsky OEM)
- 70's pickup spacing and SLAPS LIKE A MONSTER

If you are wondering about the quality of the body and neck then don't be as they are top notch. It's the same company that Valenti use to get pre-cut jobbies (check out their web: [url="http://www.usacustomguitars.com/index.html"]http://www.usacustomguitars.com/index.html[/url]. This bass simply knocks spots off the Fender USA Jazz basses I've tried for feel, tone and quality and is very comparible to the high end boutique Jazz basses out there. Just simply things like having a tight neck pocket and no gap between the scratch plate and control plate make a big difference! Has tone for days and in my opinion looks stunning.

Condition is very good, only one noticeable ding is to the bottom edge of the body and a slight marking to the upper horn, both of which are not visible from the front. The neck is gorgeous – nice and smooth with no dings. I will also throw in a hard case!

[u]Pics[/u]

[u]Price[/u]

SOLD

I might be able to do some sounds clips if people are interested?

Thanks
Tim

Edited by TimmyC

[quote name='mrcrow' post='573500' date='Aug 18 2009, 09:25 PM']bump[/quote]

[quote name='Weird War' post='573506' date='Aug 18 2009, 09:30 PM']Fine looking bass and good spec. Where did the pots etc. come from, is the cavity shielded at all and how much does the bass weigh? Sound clips would help your cause too, I'd say, being a custom instrument and all.

Good luck with the sale. :)[/quote]

Just had a look under the control plate and it just confirmed my impression that the guy who put this bass together really knew what he was doing. Sorry I'm not sure what make the pots are. The cavity is not entirely shielded but grounded in all the right areas and all the wire used is cloth covered. All looks like high quality stuff. I have never had any problems with hum etc. Sorry I don't have any scales but I'd say its an average weight for a 4 string, maybe a shade over 9 pounds. Trying to be as honest as I can :rolleyes:

Just getting it out of its case I noticed it has a fresh set of Elixir nanowebs on - they're worth £30 on their own :lol:

Also plays really really well (low action but no buzz on digging in) an acoustically very vibrant.

Thanks
Tim

• 3 weeks later...