Why become a member? ×

STU HAMM UK CLINICS AUGUST 2009

Firebird63

Anyone going to any of the Stu Hamm clinics next week?

I think I should really try and get along to the Colchester gig.

STU HAMM UK CLINICS AUGUST 2009

10th AUGUST - REVERB STORE IN BRISTOL @ 7pm
5 Rupert Street.BristolBS1 2PY
0117 934 99 55

11th AUGUST - MANSONS EXETER @ 7:30PM
Fore Street, Exeter, Devon, EX4 3AN
01392 496 379

12th AUGUST - THE BASS MERCHANT @ 7PM
Unit D1 Colchester Seedbed Centre, Wyncolls Road, Severalls Ind.Est, Colchester, CO4 9HT
01206 75 11 73

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='560251' date='Aug 4 2009, 02:54 PM']Is he scared of whippets and thistles then?[/quote]

Whippets and thistles are fine. It was the black pudding that stopped him going north!

Seriously, it’s a great shame that he couldn’t have got around to other parts of the UK & ROI, but we only had a limited number of dates.

Hopefully there will be more of these events in the future with Stu and many other great Hartke bass players.
:)

Edited by Hartke_UK

[quote name='Hartke_UK' post='561007' date='Aug 5 2009, 11:08 AM']Whippets and thistles are fine. It was the black pudding that stopped him going north!

Seriously, it’s a great shame that he couldn’t have got around to other parts of the UK & ROI, but we only had a limited number of dates.

Hopefully there will be more of these events in the future with Stu and many other great Hartke bass players.
:)[/quote]

Note to self - must send Larry a Black Pudding!

BB

[quote name='Badass' post='565708' date='Aug 11 2009, 10:15 AM']Yeah me too...Was it FREE or was there a charge in Bristol?[/quote]

It was free.
Only cost was my petrol and a 90 min. drive from Reading.

They were giving away a Hartke combo in a little competition at the end.............I didn't win. :)

Good luck for tonight........the answer is very simple.....250 watts. :rolleyes:

Really surprised it's free. Called up Adrian for tickets and was told it was free as a thank you from Mansons to all their customers.

Still looking forward to it, bad sound or not, just not the shopping trip for 'her', before hand :)

Edited by Badass

[quote name='davidmpires' post='561076' date='Aug 5 2009, 12:24 PM']I've been trying to play ALways With me Always With you for ages.

I can't get the tapping right.[/quote]

I remember when I learned the tapped version of that song after seeing Stu doing it...my, that was a few years ago now! Hell of a tune, especially when you're tapping the bassline!

[quote name='Hartke_UK' post='561007' date='Aug 5 2009, 11:08 AM']Whippets and thistles are fine. It was the black pudding that stopped him going north!

:rolleyes:[/quote]
It is indeed. I saw his show a few years back and it was a cracking good evening with a really nice approachable guy who was happy to chat & sign stuff afterwards.

Worth going if you can get there - sadly I can't :)

[quote name='voxpop' post='565720' date='Aug 11 2009, 10:31 AM']They were giving away a Hartke combo in a little competition at the end.............I didn't win. :)[/quote]

I did :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Sound [i]was[/i] crap though. I had to resort to ear plugs to make it bearable.

I wasn't stunned by his playing but I was very much entertained by his tales.

[quote name='Rich' post='565730' date='Aug 11 2009, 10:42 AM']Ah well... you pays yer money (or not in this case) I guess. FWIW, I enjoyed it.
And I know who won the amp too... spawny bastid. :rolleyes:

EDIT. And I now have slight GAS for an Urge.[/quote]

Cheeky!

Yeah I felt the urge for an Urge once he'd gone through what it could do.
And it's a P bass, of course :)

Edited by OldGit

:)[/quote]

MB1. :rolleyes:
Last time he came to Manchester....Sound Control Oxford Road was still open and he was endorsing Peavey!.....ooops!

Hi Guys,

Went to the Bristol event and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was the first time I have been to a clinic and was surprised at how approachable Stu was, really nice guy who can also play bass!
However whilst I know what VOXPOP meant about the sound it was in a shop with suspended ceilings so the fittings were always going to rattle like mad so it shouldn't really have come as a surprise. Would love to go to a 'proper' venue but I guess there would need to be more people to make it viable.

But it was free and I got to meet a great player so what's to complain about. :brow:

Gruf

[quote name='MB1' post='567200' date='Aug 12 2009, 07:36 PM']MB1. :)
Last time he came to Manchester....Sound Control Oxford Road was still open and he was endorsing Peavey!.....ooops![/quote]
Indeed. Saw him on the same set of shows in Portsmouth with Paul(?) who used to be at Trace Elliot demoing guitars in the first half prior (as I recall) to the Peavey/TE linkage. That was in a hotel conference suite rather than at Nevada so the sound was OK.