Why become a member? ×

What bass is this?

descendent87

Just been watching a video of Bad Religion at the warped tour and I've fallen in love with Jay Bentleys bass, only problem is I have no idea what it is.
Screenshot isn't brilliant as he keeps moving about so couldnt get a clear shot, but here's the video
Any help identifying this bass would be much appreciated

Edited by descendent87

wasnt expecting a reply that quick, thanks guys. looks like I know what I'm saving for next then.
Yeah I knew he used to use Schecters so checked their site but couldnt see it on there

Hmm might have to try and find a shop around here with one of these to try
[quote name='Epiphone']t's a long-scale, semi-acoustic electric bass with a tone so pure and natural it'll give you goose bumps[/quote]
[quote name='Jay Bentley']It's really a natural, beautiful sounding bass. That being said, I'm in Bad Religion... and there is no room for natural sounding bass onstage! So I removed all the tone and volume pots (we never turn down!), swapped the pick-up out with a Dimarzio split p, threw on a brass nut and now it just screams![/quote]

Edited by descendent87

[quote name='descendent87' post='558807' date='Aug 2 2009, 10:51 PM']wasnt expecting a reply that quick, thanks guys. looks like I know what I'm saving for next then.
Yeah I knew he used to use Schecters so checked their site but couldnt see it on there[/quote]

Always though he sounded best with a P TBH.

Bad Religion at thier finest.

[quote name='descendent87' post='558818' date='Aug 2 2009, 11:06 PM']yeah process of belief has to be their best album, love the bass on epiphany
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUDm0WslwOA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUDm0WslwOA[/url][/quote]

I'm a huge fan of Suffer but POB is great.

The bass line from Epiphany is great but blatantly plagiarised (probably in an homage to there friends)

Edited by waynepunkdude

[quote name='descendent87' post='558879' date='Aug 2 2009, 11:59 PM']yeah I've got a Squire VM Jazz and my next bass was going to be a P but fancied something a bit different[/quote]

I want a VMJ but I bought 2 new amps and a new bass last month so I'll wait.

Have you got the natural with block inlays?

yeah does look like it's a guitar hero body, not too keen on the heart either.
Finding a shop with one of those jack casady epi's seems like it's going to be a bit of a task. Especially as my local music shop has about 4 basses (usually 1 squier, 1 fender, 1 ibanez and 1 unknown make)

Edited by descendent87