Why become a member? ×

American Vintage ‘75 Jazz Bass Reissue

dangee

[b]American Vintage '75 Jazz Bass Reissue[/b]

This is a great bass with the more unusual rosewood board and MOP block inlays. It has a faster and smoother neck than any vintage fender or boutique fender clone that I have owned.

It has been upgraded with a Badass II bridge (original bridge to be included in the sale) and Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pickups.

The bass also comes with its original white pickguard and both pickup covers (the bridge cover is not pictured but will be included). The bass also has additional black and tortoiseshell pickguards and the plush C&G vintage case.

RRP on these (without the extras- which amount to an extra £200) is £1649 (according to March/April Bass Guitar Magazine) and I'm reliably informed that the current 'street' price is £1300.

I'm looking for £900.

Edited by dangee

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='553094' date='Jul 27 2009, 07:38 PM']If they put half the work into this that they put into my P it'll be superb and a real bargain.[/quote]

Agreed...the quality is superb...generally agreed to be a little better than the original 70's basses!

[quote name='dangee' post='553141' date='Jul 27 2009, 08:17 PM']Agreed...the quality is superb...generally agreed to be a little better than the original 70's basses![/quote]
Bollocks another x bass of mine, why do they keep coming back to haunt me, last week it was the Sadowsky PJ (yours b4 me i believe Dan) now this is the bass i exchanged for it.
Dan's great to deal with weve had one or two deals and its one sexy bass if you do the passive thing.

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='553221' date='Jul 27 2009, 09:18 PM']Bollocks another x bass of mine, why do they keep coming back to haunt me, last week it was the Sadowsky PJ (yours b4 me i believe Dan) now this is the bass i exchanged for it.
Dan's great to deal with weve had one or two deals and its one sexy bass if you do the passive thing.[/quote]

Cheers Andy...don't get me started on the basses I've regretted selling. I won't sleep tonight!

Absolutely lovely - it I could justify it etc...

Don't want to stray off topic, but does anybody know why Fender uses the post '75 logo on the US RIs. My original '76 (constructed in the early months of the year with a mixture of '75 and '76 parts) has the TV logo and I've never seen an original '75 Jazz with anything other than a TV logo

Good point the only reason I think they call it a 75 reissue is because they have a Bullet trust rod (but that started in 74 I think)the small logo came in in 76[quote name='lozbass' post='553630' date='Jul 28 2009, 10:05 AM']Absolutely lovely - it I could justify it etc...

Don't want to stray off topic, but does anybody know why Fender uses the post '75 logo on the US RIs. My original '76 (constructed in the early months of the year with a mixture of '75 and '76 parts) has the TV logo and I've never seen an original '75 Jazz with anything other than a TV logo[/quote]

[quote name='james' post='553782' date='Jul 28 2009, 12:06 PM']the only reason I think they call it a 75 reissue is because they have a Bullet trust rod (but that started in 74 I think)the small logo came in in 76[/quote]
Bump for a gorgeous bass and thanks James - your avatar suggests that you know a thing or two about Jazzers!