Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Nash J-Bass J63.

Cairobill

They're ultrajazzes. I discovered recently to my surprise that contrary to popular belief the standard pup in a JB-63 is a set of ultrajazzes and the lollars are special order and down to the shop that is doing the dealing (although they're pretty common). I really like the DiMarzios - with my LMII/Berg setup they can go from a fairly high fi to Noel Redding in the tweak of a knob. The tone control is very powerful.

I recently had a Nash tele with Lollars and it sounded amazingly good, it would be interesting to see what lollars sound like in a JB-63. The real point about the Nash instruments for me though is the feel - they have a very solid, well built and powerful feel that feels very efficient from finger on string through to the amp. It's difficult to describe but they 'feel like they sound good'. A real pleasure to play with in a band. They make recent Fenders feel like toys (and that's through personal experience...). Plus they smell awfully nice!

Cheers,

Nick

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='590473' date='Sep 5 2009, 10:52 AM']Are the pickups lollars?[/quote]

The bass sounds great, amazing Jazz bass tone!

Yeah I've got the Ultrajazzes in one of my jazzes (the one in my avatar), really really like them! That bass is tuned to Drop C, so it's nice to hear them in a standard tuned bass!

Si

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='Clarky' post='575423' date='Aug 20 2009, 11:48 AM']PS, does Robert Trujillo play Nash basses as he plays two battered old P basses live (one oly/tort/rosewood; one black/anodised/maple) and neither has a headstock logo?[/quote]
One for the Metrallica nerds (like me :) )

Rob Trujillo does indeed play Nash P basses and he features a relic'd black/tort/rosewood one in the latest edition of 'So What' magazine. This one says Nash Guitars on the headstock rather than it being left blank

Wait for the Metallica effect to cause a temporary increase in demand for Nash vintage Fender-alike basses!

[quote name='BassKS' post='557190' date='Jul 31 2009, 02:42 PM']These things go for 2k in Denmark Street. Looks good. this CAR/TORT/ROSEWOOD is my favourite after OLY/TORT/ROSEWOOD on a jazz.

good luck[/quote]

Vintage and bloody Rare!! How did [i]they[/i] manage to land a dealership for these beauties?? :)

Edited by Stacker