Why become a member? ×

BC Rich NT Eagle, US-custom shop 2003 *SOLD*

Shaggy

See my '73 Fender P sale post for my reasons for selling this baby
Had this off Shockwave last year, see his original post - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18791&hl=BC+Rich+Eagle"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...l=BC+Rich+Eagle[/url]
Very unusual for me to buy a non-vintage bass, but I’d wanted a nice example of these for ages as one of my “heroes” - Bernard Edwards - played one, and with it being hand-built US custom shop it just doesn’t get much better. Features;
[list]
[*]Mahogany body and neck, neck-though construction.
[*]Carved quilt maple top with walnut stringers, tobacco sunburst gloss finish.
[*]24-fret (2 octave) long-scale neck with ebony fingerboard, abalone diamond markers
[*]Full Neil Moser electrics, switchable active / passive. “Bullet” active preamp (circuit built inside a genuine 0.45” Magnum cartridge & bullet.!)
[*]Dual DiMarzio P pickups with crème covers, both with phase switches.
[*]Gold Badass II bridge and Grover tuners
[*]Original G&G plush-lined hard-case
[*]Cerificate of authenticity from BCR USA custom shop (serial no. specific), also confirming that this very bass was displayed at the 2004 NAAM show
[/list].
Currently strung with new-ish medium DR Hi-beam rounds, and fitted with gold Warwick straplocks (can put the original gold buttons back on if wanted) Excellent condition – the finish pretty much immaculate, but the gold on the hardware wearing slightly thin at the edges as it inevitably does – looks fine though.
Definitely a “SuperPrecision” with the same design briefs as the “SuperStrats” of the era this was born in. The lightest bass I own, the growliest bass I’ve ever heard, with the fastest neck I’ve ever played. For rock, funk, slap, tapping, whatever – it’s a total monster. Still gigging with this regularly, but I’m rather pig-headedly going back to an all-vintage line-up. I’ve got around a grand tied up in this and as the original ad states it’s worth far more, but I’d take £850 collected (I’m in Swansea. S Wales), postage on top. :)

Edited by Shaggy

Ahhh,Wonky,Beautiful bass,just hated me

I am the First owner/importer of this bass,Simply stunning,but I have big legs,so she dug into my thighs sitting down,I hardly played her,and sold her to Shockwave,f-ing nice bass though,and was made in December 2003,so nearly a 2004 bass LOL

Here she is at NAMM,and Shockwave should have supplied the letter I reciceved confirming NAMM 2004 status

Best of luck with the sale,I only sold her to buy a Widow bass

BTW £900 is CHEAP

Great basses IMO, and I've owned two Eagles over the years..

Price wise, this is well worth the money because a new one would cost a lot, lot more and if you can find a vintage one of these second hand (and they're usually in The States), they're at least £1000 plus shipping & taxes..

The circuit design offers so much flexibility it's untrue and, as with my 1984 NJ series model, the necks on these are as good as anything else out there. Wish I could afford it myself but alas, that's just not possible right now..

Anyway, good luck with the sale!

[quote name='Lorne' post='543377' date='Jul 17 2009, 04:46 PM']Ahhh,Wonky,Beautiful bass,just hated me

I am the First owner/importer of this bass,Simply stunning,but I have big legs,so she dug into my thighs sitting down,I hardly played her,and sold her to Shockwave,f-ing nice bass though,and was made in December 2003,so nearly a 2004 bass LOL

Here she is at NAMM,and Shockwave should have supplied the letter I reciceved confirming NAMM 2004 status

Best of luck with the sale,I only sold her to buy a Widow bass

BTW £900 is CHEAP[/quote]

Thanks Lorne, and yes do have the letter. For those not in the know; called "Wonky" because of the offset "R" logo on the headstock! Nearly had that ex-Phil Lynott Mockingbird off you - stunning bass :D

[quote name='Shockwave' post='543452' date='Jul 17 2009, 06:25 PM']Wouldnt mind this back :) Dont suppose you play thin stringed guitars eh Shaggy? :rolleyes:[/quote]

Tried & failed many times over the years, I lose count over 4. Was waiting for you to get back into BCR's! You know it makes sense :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Gust0o' post='613602' date='Oct 1 2009, 10:02 AM']This is one stunning bass. It's a shame I could never sneak it past the wife.

Have a bump.[/quote]

Betcha could! :rolleyes:
I use several cunning plans for "sneaking past", one being that almost all of my basses are sunburst, so when another one joins the herd she doesn't notice..... :)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Right, I was quite happy about keeping this beaut, but there's something else on this forum I want! As my least-used bass (purely because I'm using vintage stuff for the projects I'm in), thought I'd try and bump this again! :)

Ooh this is nice Shag :)

I've had a bit of a yearning for a BC Rich ever since I saw that wonderful YouTube vid of Maceo Parker's bass man using one on Shake Everything You've Got (although I think that's a different model he's using!).

I'd always associated BC's with modern rock before I saw that. Of course then I discovered the Bernard Edwards connection as well!

May have to do some thinking about this one. . .

[quote name='molan' post='829009' date='May 5 2010, 09:33 PM']Ooh this is nice Shag :)

I've had a bit of a yearning for a BC Rich ever since I saw that wonderful YouTube vid of Maceo Parker's bass man using one on Shake Everything You've Got (although I think that's a different model he's using!).

I'd always associated BC's with modern rock before I saw that. Of course then I discovered the Bernard Edwards connection as well!

May have to do some thinking about this one. . .[/quote]

He was using a Koa Wave bass :rolleyes:

[quote name='Shaggy' post='838681' date='May 16 2010, 10:34 AM']Thanks Nik, one for the Eagle cognoscenti.

Hope you were rockin' yours last night! :)
Greg[/quote]
Certainly was Greg!! First gig for a few months and it sounded great!

You still using this one?

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='838783' date='May 16 2010, 12:31 PM']Certainly was Greg!! First gig for a few months and it sounded great!

You still using this one?[/quote]

Recording only, which is a shame - but just too many basses, so looking to move on the 2 newest.