Why become a member? ×

Band Image

jmstone

[quote name='OldGit' post='547257' date='Jul 22 2009, 07:21 AM']Tempting fate there, mate :)[/quote]

Doubtful, if you was a member you'd understand.
Plus the music...people from different sides enjoy it. Some love the heavy side, others come for the melodic breakdowns...It's the last bands mkII basically.
Could not be happier.

[quote name='HeavyJay' post='550235' date='Jul 24 2009, 02:36 PM']From wikipedia:
"...Prior to the end of the residency, Sutcliffe left the band, so McCartney, [b]reluctantly*[/b], became The Beatles' bass player".

*Emphasis added by me

A reluctant bassist eh? Never did like that McCartney none.[/quote]

He said in the beginning he wanted to be "up front, pulling the birds" and back then bassists were seen as failed guitarists...if only he knew what he was to become!

Edited by Kongo

[quote]Doubtful, if you was a member you'd understand.
Plus the music...people from different sides enjoy it. Some love the heavy side, others come for the melodic breakdowns...It's the last bands mkII basically.
Could not be happier.[/quote]

If everything you say is true (and I'm very happy for you if it is, such awesome bondings don't happen often but when they do, damn it's good!) then are you really going to risk it over such a daft issue as clothing?
At the very least give it a shot for a while and see if there's any way you can get used to it.

I tend to agree it's really important that a band has a cohesive image. We'd all love it to not be the case but there it is.
If it's not just a sit-in job but something you really feel the passion for, make the sacrifice.

Good luck!

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='550665' date='Jul 24 2009, 10:45 PM']While we're at it, would anyone care to look at Macca's right hand and ... Name That Chord?[/quote]

I just played it, it's definitely a passing chord, an augmented minor RSJ add 25th of the month.

It's nice, I have just written a song based on it.

[quote name='NickH' post='550684' date='Jul 24 2009, 11:02 PM']If everything you say is true (and I'm very happy for you if it is, such awesome bondings don't happen often but when they do, damn it's good!) then are you really going to risk it over such a daft issue as clothing?
At the very least give it a shot for a while and see if there's any way you can get used to it.

I tend to agree it's really important that a band has a cohesive image. We'd all love it to not be the case but there it is.
If it's not just a sit-in job but something you really feel the passion for, make the sacrifice.

Good luck![/quote]

No ones making an issue. We are a bunch of daft musicians, therefore if one member wishes to dress daft, so be it. :)
There is no issue, we just don't suit and boot.
And if only two of us dress up, so be it. That is how we roll.

I hear that these bondings are rare also...which is odd as it's all I know.
I thought all bands were tight like this.
We all have the same ideals and are well on the same page.

I remember joining a fairly poor band in the early '90s which insisted that everybody wear only primary colours on stage. It worked out OK because I already had a pair of yellow Converse but to be fair they were right, it suited their music well, and they tended to dress the stage with stuff like giant inflatable Fyffes bananas so that was extra-good. Nobody else was doing anything like that and I think it probably made them more popular than they really deserved to be.

And, more to the point, it was fun. They were called 'Fabbo'. Bless 'em. :)

Moving to "daft things we have worn on stage" ... I was in a WMC band where we all wore tight white jump suits ...
For a bunch of spontaneously erectile young men, usually in a roomfull of totty, I was frequently glad I was wearing a bass ...

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='OldGit' post='550843' date='Jul 25 2009, 07:52 AM']Moving to "daft things we have worn on stage" ... I was in a WMC band where we all wore tight white jump suits ...[/quote]

I used to affect a Townshend-esque white boiler suit with red DM's.

The shame....

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='551108' date='Jul 25 2009, 02:10 PM']I used to affect a Townshend-esque white boiler suit with red DM's.

The shame....[/quote]

ha ha ours were considered very smart. That approach made sure we had a full diary (of WMC clubs) :)