Why become a member? ×

All Black Ric

simon1964

With thanks again to Clarky for posting the ebay link here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=53133&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=53133&hl=[/url]

here's some pics of my newly acquired Rickenbacker. I've been gasing for one for a while, and this was too nice to miss :)

[attachment=28823:Ric_2.JPG]
[attachment=28824:Ric_3.JPG]
[attachment=28833:Ric_5.JPG]

Edited by simon1964

luke was telling me you got a rick, but i didn't think it would be that nice!!!! if it was me, i'd get rid of that pickup cover and put in a black pickguardian, perfect!

Has anyone ever told you you're really good at taking photos? how do you do it? i can never get enough light

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='budget bassist' post='539797' date='Jul 13 2009, 10:12 PM']luke was telling me you got a rick, but i didn't think it would be that nice!!!! if it was me, i'd get rid of that pickup cover and put in a black pickguardian, perfect!

Has anyone ever told you you're really good at taking photos? how do you do it? i can never get enough light[/quote]

Cheers Sam! The photos were taken with a Canon Digital camera but using a decent bounce flash rather than direct flash. Not quite in Lysdexia's league I'm afraid!

[quote name='simon1964' post='539823' date='Jul 13 2009, 10:34 PM']Cheers Sam! The photos were taken with a Canon Digital camera but using a decent bounce flash rather than direct flash. Not quite in Lysdexia's league I'm afraid![/quote]
ah ok, what's this flash bounce you speak of?
and i don't know what your missus might say with semi-nude ladies posing with your basses, i wouldn't imagine it would end well :)

[quote name='budget bassist' post='539856' date='Jul 13 2009, 10:57 PM']ah ok, what's this flash bounce you speak of?
and i don't know what your missus might say with semi-nude ladies posing with your basses, i wouldn't imagine it would end well :rolleyes:[/quote]

Thanks for all the comments! I'm really enjoying playing something that's so different from all my other basses. It sounds fantastic with a pick, but I'm still trying to work out the best way to play fingerstyle, even with the pickup cover removed! All good fun :)

Sam - bounce flash involves using a flash gun with a head that swivels and rotates. So rather than the flash being aimed directly at the bass, you "bounce" the lgiht off a ceiling or wall. It gives a much softer and natural looking light without having to set up lots of lighting off camera.