Why become a member? ×

Feeler JV Precision from 1982

73Jazz

Ive just been reading through this thread and im embarrassed...This guy just may have started to get pissed off when someone blurted out what was suppose to be a private message about a the price of his bass

Its ok to disagree with the price of someones bass, but most have what ive seen has just been sarcastic and said to annoy...

And i quote >>>> 'At least knowone mentioned the War'.. What are you on mate??? This made me really angry...How do you think this might make Jazz73 feel......There's too many people on here that dont think about what there saying...Like the pedophile joke last week...

Your not musicians in my mind, your kids who play bass..

I can bet Jazz73 did not feel welcome here and prob wont come back again..

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='LeoFender' post='539498' date='Jul 13 2009, 05:38 PM']Im sorry for not being part of the clique, clearly the point and the irony is lost on you. So sad, so sad.[/quote]

I've never been part of a clique before. How exciting!

Maybe you should explain the point & irony a little more clearly for us cliquesters who were so wrapped up in trying to be reasonable & plain-spoken about an obvious misunderstanding, that we entirely failed to appreciate that we were actually being sneering, condescending and dismissive of somebody who simply didn't speak English as well as us.

Or have I missed the point & irony [i]again[/i]?

J.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='539533' date='Jul 13 2009, 06:15 PM']Ive just been reading through this thread and im embarrassed...This guy just may have started to get pissed off when someone blurted out what was suppose to be a private message about a the price of his bass[/quote]
I'll reiterate - I suspect the poster in question didn't realise that Jazz73 was keeping the price secret from those he was trying to sell it to. I wouldn't have guessed that, either.

J.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='539533' date='Jul 13 2009, 06:15 PM']And i quote >>>> 'At least knowone mentioned the War'.. What are you on mate??? This made me really angry...How do you think this might make Jazz73 feel......There's too many people on here that dont think about what there saying...Like the pedophile joke last week...[/quote]

Angry? You need to get out more :)

[quote name='Bassassin' post='539543' date='Jul 13 2009, 06:22 PM']Or have I missed the point & irony [i]again[/i]?[/quote]

Considering my point was to highlight the elitist attitude and dismissive responses made by certain members of the community that put off other members from posting. This was immediately followed by your "sneering" comment about the lack of posting i have done, figure it out for yourself.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='539553' date='Jul 13 2009, 06:30 PM']Well thats why it was communicated in a PM. Thats just common sense![/quote]
If you were selling something and had a firm idea of how much you wanted for it, why wouldn't you want your potential customers to know the price?

J.

[quote name='LeoFender' post='539554' date='Jul 13 2009, 06:31 PM']Considering my point was to highlight the elitist attitude and dismissive responses made by certain members of the community that put off other members from posting. This was immediately followed by your "sneering" comment about the lack of posting i have done, figure it out for yourself.[/quote]
Serious question - what elitist & dismissive responses were these? All the comments about the actual bass - and its asking price - seem quite reasonable & even supportive to me.

J.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='539556' date='Jul 13 2009, 06:32 PM']Seeing your age mate you need to grow up...And i get out plenty thanks :rolleyes:[/quote]

Its called humour. It may not be to your taste. Live with it. The posts been deleted so I assume youve been crying about it again? I think its you that needs to grow up, its only a bass forum ffs - now get back on topic and stop chasing me around like the taste police :)