Why become a member? ×

Musicman Sterling HH

Rowbee

I bought this just a few weeks back from Platypus and it's a STUNNING example of a Musicman Sterling.

Here is a link to the original thread which has pics, I'll get some up on here soon.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=50579&hl=sterling"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...amp;hl=sterling[/url]

To quote Platypus:

"2008 Limited Edition Musicman Sterling HH in Sequoia Gold. Included in the sale is the Musicman hard case in fake lizard skin. Its nicely setup with low action and is quite light at 8.8 Lbs. The combination of twin MM Humbuckers, 5 way pickup selector and 3 band eq make for an extremely versatile bass.

The bass really looks like new and the only blemish and it is a very minor one, is a small hairline crack in the polyester clear coat just by the battery compartment. It is just in the polyester and you do have to look hard to see it.

The bass Gallery is listing these at £1600 new - this one is for sale at £875."

Currently strung with brand new .105 DR Black Beauties, it plays like a dream and sounds incredible. The five way selector adds so many different tonal dimensions.

I would like the [s]£875[/s] I paid for this bass and the only reason I'm selling it is to fund an even more ambitious purchase.

[b]Now £840 or potentially for trade with money going either way depending on the valuation of the other instrument. :)[/b]

A courier would cost an additional £25 but I would be willing to do some travelling to meet up or alternatively collection is more than welcome.

[attachment=28697:IMGP1782.JPG][attachment=28698:IMGP1783.JPG][attachment=28699:IMGP1784.JPG]
[attachment=28700:IMGP1785.JPG][attachment=28701:IMGP1787.JPG][attachment=28702:IMGP1788.JPG]
[attachment=28703:IMGP1790.JPG]
[attachment=29195:DSCN0495.JPG]
[attachment=29203:DSCN0488.JPG]
[attachment=29204:DSCN0496.JPG]

Edited by Rowbee

[quote name='Shire' post='538424' date='Jul 12 2009, 12:43 PM']No Rob! Don't do it!

I've seen this bass in person at Rob's last week when I bought a different sterling from him. Its absolutely gorgeous. Rob is a great guy to deal with too :)

Have a bump on me matey :rolleyes:[/quote]

Thanks Matt, I hope you're enjoying the Sterling. You know how much I love them but I've got my heart set on something big - Besides, I'll still have Bluey. :lol:

[quote name='Paul S' post='538712' date='Jul 12 2009, 07:08 PM']Hey Rob - must be big to tempt you away from your Sterlings.... go on, you know you want to tell us...[/quote]

Hi Paul, long time no speak. :)

Anway, I'm not being tempted away, I still have my all time favourite and that's going nowhere!

[quote name='The GroovyPlucker' post='550821' date='Jul 25 2009, 03:16 AM']Hi,

I did buy one and it's fantastic, but would like another, are you interested in a trade?

Cheeers[/quote]

Not really but I guess it does depend on what the trade is for.

[quote name='The GroovyPlucker' post='551566' date='Jul 26 2009, 05:41 AM']Hi,

Have an Aria Pro II RSB800 1979 + an Ibanez Roadster 1980.

Cheers[/quote]

Sorry, but I'm afraid that's not a trade I'm really interested in - I'm especially not keen on vintage instruments. :)

[quote name='Rowbee' post='554318' date='Jul 28 2009, 07:22 PM']Final bump for a price drop before withdrawal - thanks for all the interest so far, the price is an asbolute bargain. :)[/quote]

Having gigged tonight I realised that I want something a little bit different so I'm not going to withdraw this just yet. What I [i]will[/i] do though, is throw it open to trades too. Not sure yet what I'm looking for but what I'm not looking for is vintage or passive instruments.

Thanks

Rob

To expand on my comments last night, it's potentially for trade with money going either way depending on the valuation of the other instrument. As much as I love my Sterlings I'm still looking for something a bit different and I still have my pearl blue beauty!