Why become a member? ×

Hello U.K from the U.S.A

Snakeman1066

Depends who's using it and in what manner.
Got to be able to laugh at yourself first. :)

There's bad food everywhere mate, as a tourist you were probably unlucky.
Sure the guys will point you in the right direction on your next visit.
Right about the beer though, one of the reasons I stay
Andy

[quote name='Snakeman1066' post='532741' date='Jul 5 2009, 07:25 AM']I thought Limey was a negative term?[/quote]

Welcome!

On behalf of Her Majesty and the Nation, I can confirm we are not offended by the suggestion that we eat a particular citrus fruit as a prophylactic against scurvy when making long ocean voyages :)

Just stick to the beer. Who needs food?

Edited by skankdelvar

No, the food is horrible. And I grew up here and still here. (And after the fourth hour of constant rain today I still don't know why I stay here).

Seriously, try touring the UK and Ireland and staying healthy from whatever the available food is. I've easily eaten my body wieght in cocltail sausages several times by now. Not fun. Give me a German deli tray any day!!! :)

Edited by Gareth Hughes

Yes, the chocolate and crisps do rule here. And for sure the food on general in the US can be just as gut wrenching as it is here. As it is everywhere if your options are limited to the one petrol station you find open at 3am.

Check out Zappa's 'Sealed Tuna Sandwich' from '200 Motels' for more insights of life on the road colliding with your dietary system.

Edited by Gareth Hughes

Try to answer each one....

Sorry Zoe....Fellas is a general term 'round here....and i can see you not a fella....and quite adorable if i am allowed to say so....dig the labret piercing...have one myself....would it have been better if i typed Y'all?

Um I'm Very Close to Dallas Texas in the Eastern middle part of the state

actually i find the best Milk Chocolate comes from Switzerland.....though i had some of that chocolate that was supposedly made for the Queen last trip around and it was very good........but I'm a sucker for the uber dark stuff!....could really go for some Smarties and Jelly Babies though!

as to the weather i would much rather be in the dismal rain than the 105 degree oven we have here at the moment!

you guys have any idea how hard it is to Find Beamish, Murphy's or Newcastle here? nigh impossible! got hooked while i was there last

i think that covers them all!

Edited by Snakeman1066