Why become a member? ×

I can dig it baby,little beaver

YouMa

I know its a massive long shot but does anyone have either the bass sheet or the tab for Jacos playing on this,its one of the funkiest tunes i have heard him do,and i am having trouble nailing it.I can dig it baby is one of the early sessions he did,its on the portrait of jaco album.Cheers.

Edited by YouMa

• 1 year later...

[quote name='YouMa' post='532653' date='Jul 4 2009, 09:44 PM']I know its a massive long shot but does anyone have either the bass sheet or the tab for Jacos playing on this,its one of the funkiest tunes i have heard him do,and i am having trouble nailing it.I can dig it baby is one of the early sessions he did,its on the portrait of jaco album.Cheers.[/quote]

Anyone anyone Ayethangu!

[quote name='YouMa' post='1252671' date='Jun 1 2011, 01:47 PM']Anyone anyone Ayethangu![/quote]

You should be more patient, it's not been 2 years yet. :)

It's a great track, it's also on Very best of Little Beaver which is a pretty good album in it's own right.

I sort of worked it out many years ago but never wrote it down and can't really remember it now, it's the usual Jaco schtick if you've worked other of his funky lines.

If I get some time over the next couple of days I'll see if I can remember some of it.

[quote name='Roland Rock' post='1253482' date='Jun 2 2011, 08:20 AM']I found the issue of BGM - it's issue 20, Jan 2010 with Mr Zender on the cover. Give me a shout if you want me to send it to you[/quote]

Yes please, I can sort of play most of it but it'd take me ages to write it down.

Would be good to be able to play it properly too.

Cheers!

[quote name='Roland Rock' post='1253780' date='Jun 2 2011, 12:10 PM']OK, the photography is pretty shoddy, but the resolution is more than enough to be able to zoom in and make it legible. Hope you're able to read and enjoy[/quote]

Many thanks, that's a much better transcription than I could have done!

• 3 weeks later...

So here I am on a wet Sunday afternoon listening to the Little Beaver CD this track is on and thinking it would be a good tune to learn, so I spark up the browser and do a search for some TAB and this thread pops up in the results, stupid of me not to have come to Basschat first :)

Thanks For This.

R.