Why become a member? ×

RICKENBACKER 4004 LAREDO - AS NEW - SUPER RARE

spongebob

[size=6][size=5]With regret, and pending a return to full time education, I am having to sell my pride and joy.

This is my 4004 Laredo. Purchased in February this year, the condition is as new. It has never been gigged. Manufactured in 2008.

Comes in immaculate hard case, with unopened cloth and all the usual extras.

There are no marks, dents, scratches or anything. It is the same as the day it came from the factory.

The 4004 is the top of the Ric bass range. The sound is similar to the classic 4003, but with much more power.

These basses are super-rare in the UK, retail price is just under £3000, with a 2+ year waiting time.

Don't forget Lemmy has played 4004's (he has his own limited signature version limited to 61!) for many years.

This is priced to sell at £1350 - with value that will only appreciate. Search on E-bay, and you'll never find a 4004.

[i][u]Contact Iain - 0784 770 4422 or e-mail [email protected][/u][/i]

Located in Kent, collection only. [/size][/size]

Edited by spongebob

[quote name='rasher80' post='529626' date='Jul 1 2009, 02:39 PM']I had one of these, albeit lefty - it was an awesome bass but i had to free up some money!

have a bump on me[/quote]

Me too, so it's gotta go.

Thanks for the kind words though, she's a beaut!

Thanks Danny.

It really is as new - I bought it as such in February this year. The 4004 is a bit of an unknown entity still, which is a real shame.

The sound is the classic Ric, but with more gusto, just a bigger Ric tone.

At £1175, I'm practically giving it way! But needs must.....! :)

• 2 weeks later...

£1175 is silly money - if I had it I'd bite yer arm off.

Unfortunately I'd have to sell a lot of organs to raise the cash. I'll just go borrow a chainsaw & lure a few tramps into the basement...

Jon.