Why become a member? ×

Black\Black Rosewood USA S1 Fender J GONE

dotmaka

EDIT: Gone now, sorry to those who missed out.

EDIT: Cheers to Aigto- yes it's a 60th Anni model with the little metal stamp on the back of the headstock. That means it's a 2006. Cheers!

Alright guys,
It's a bit annoying to have to do this but I've reached the end of Uni, I own 5 basses and I have very little money- it's pretty clear I've got to streamline a bit. While at Uni, I've experimented with various basses in an effort to get some experience and work out what I liked most. This USA Fender J I bought a couple of years back around Christmas, got it from gumtree but I think it was up on here from PauBass? As far as I remember anyway. It was basically new, and had been 'fret-stoned' (sounds fun) so it was in good sparkly nick. Since then I used it as my main recording bass, I could never really get a bad tone out of it- loved it. Gigged it a two or three of times too, so its picked up a few small scuff/scratches and a bit of buckle rash on the back. I always looked after it well however, there's nothing that goes through to the wood, and as you'll see I didn't even do the requisite headstock smashing that many choose to christen their basses with. So I'm offering it up now for £475 because since then I stopped playing live and ended up getting a 5 string which I'm enjoying at the moment. I figured I could sell this and it'd be fairly easy to replace if I ever suddenly decided I'd made the wrong choice.

Details....
Well Black in colour, black in scratchplate and rosewood fretboard as you can see in the pics.
It's a USA Fender Jazz Bass (4 string)
It's got a (a/an?) S1 Switch (I don't know the exact year)
Alder Body
Fret Stoned (at some point)!!???
Condition-wise as I said, a few scratches, on the body and scratch plate, worst on the back, nothing through to the wood.
Oh and comes with muchos candy, truss rod adjuster, good condition case, tags, warrantee card blah blah blah

It's got a good neck, and it sounds good. It costs £475. You can collect it from Lancaster or Middlesbrough or we can arrange something if you live on the edge.

Bargain :)

Sorry for the truly horrific photography, let me know if you want more pictures or anything like that.

Cheers

Graeme

Edited by graemecohen

I'm pretty sure its 2006 bass, I have the exact same bass only in different color. (Same hard case too)

Those are really awesome, They sound so good and so versatile.
Too bad i don't have the money, I would buy another one if i could :)!

Edit: Check the headstock if you see some "60" with a diamond emblem or even without
And you can check the year of the bass in Fender website

Edited by Agito

Firstly- I'm not entirely sure, I think it might be something to do with leveling the frets?
Secondly- I'm afraid I'd prefer not to send it too far away, but we may be able to work something out if the current interest dies out

Oh and your English isn't that bad, I've noticed many English people who type worse than you!

[quote name='jsixties' post='531759' date='Jul 3 2009, 03:09 PM']Sorry, can I ask what is a "fret stoned"? Sure it will be something that I know but my english is awful.
A great bass, just thinking if I can afford it in the chance you don't mind send it to my country.[/quote]