Why become a member? ×

SWAP MY MARSHALL 375w ALL VALVE HEAD LIMITED ED!!!!!PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dudz

This is a non working due to valve missing or cap blown (told can be fixed for less than 80 if not a valve) 375w all valve marshall bass head valued at £1400. it is the most powerful amp marshall ever built and the rarest at only 96 ever made. this is the amp that john entwistle, iron maiden etc use to use for its huge tone due to the amount of big valves in the back(8 valves and 4 preamp valves). the amp is rated better than ampeg. check out the amp at www.drtube.com in the marshall area.amp can be viewed in either london or bham. would like to swap for a decent bass.

best wishes

Dudz

[quote name='Stewart' post='54960' date='Sep 3 2007, 09:06 PM']Why don't you get it repaired?[/quote]

I think Stewart's asked the question we've all been thinking. If you had it repaired and could demonstrate it in action to a prospective buyer, surely you'd get more money for it? The problem is that, if they're anything like me, most people are probably thinking "I bet I'd take that to an amp tech and he'd say it's gonna cost me £500 to repair". If it's cheap to fix, it's surely a false economy on your part not to do so?
Good lcuk
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='55084' date='Sep 4 2007, 07:44 AM']I think Stewart's asked the question we've all been thinking. If you had it repaired and could demonstrate it in action to a prospective buyer, surely you'd get more money for it? The problem is that, if they're anything like me, most people are probably thinking "I bet I'd take that to an amp tech and he'd say it's gonna cost me £500 to repair". If it's cheap to fix, it's surely a false economy on your part not to do so?
Good lcuk
Chris[/quote]

+1

Hi I owned one of these beasts years ago....

They can be a touch finky but are damn loud they were introduced by Marshal to take on the ampeg SVT do a good job as well

Mine set on fire at a gig .. I thought the crowd were giving me the bass hero bit but they were cheering the amp :)

Great when they work though dont know if I would take one on tour again though.

But as stated a mighty tone.....

according to marshall; this is a common problem! my friend has one that has the same issue, they are very unstable...marshall cant commit to a repair on these!

sorry dude, but not for me!

Edited by andy67

Yep. Funky design. Marshall is the only real option for repair. (Very cool for repairs on their stuff. Friendly and fast, cheap parts and cheap carriage.+++) They said they would work on mine a few years ago, but maybe they have changed their mind? I got a tech to get it to work. Held up for 15 minutes. As soon as it was hot 'n ready it started to destabilise. Switched it off before it took out a valve - or worse. Never switched it on again. Paid £300 back in the early '80s. Money well wasted. Looks AMAZING though. I had the lead 150w head from the same series. Too much pre circuitry for any real tone. Pushing the technology too far. Had a Hiwatt 400 - totally different story....

[quote name='hogman' date='Sep 4 2007, 08:31 AM' post='55097']
Hi I owned one of these beasts years ago....

They can be a touch finky but are damn loud they were introduced by Marshal to take on the ampeg SVT do a good job as well

Mine set on fire at a gig .. I thought the crowd were giving me the bass hero bit but they were cheering the amp :huh:

Great when they work though dont know if I would take one on tour again though.

But as stated a mighty tone.....

MB1. :)
(+1.... Funny!) Thankyou!, Thankyou,... and for my next bass solo,...."ere mate your amps on fire!".Sorry shouldnt laugh,ill get me coat!

Edited by MB1